- Rooms are very small
- Some complaints about street noise
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Outside Chinatown in the historic Tiong Bahru Estate, a bus ride from most attractions
The Nostalgia Hotel is located on a busy, tree-lined street outside of Chinatown in the Tiong Bahru Estate, a historic area of Singapore. This neighborhood was originally built as a housing project and is now a lively folk area. While the neighborhood is interesting, not many of Singapore's main attractions are within walking distance. Visitors will have to drive or take a bus to the night markets, the Sri Mariamman Temple, and the Chinatown Heritage Center. There are two subway lines two blocks from the hotel, and a few bus lines nearby as well.
Bustling Chinatown is located on the south bank of the river and is one of the major tourist destinations in town. The neighborhood has a lot of historical and cultural significance, and many of its buildings and streets have been declared National Heritage Sites. Surprisingly, it's also known for a nightlife scene, which draws crowds on weekends. One of the main attractions here is the night markets, with dozens of food stalls and vendors selling everything from flowers to clothes.
Singapore is known to have heavy traffic at all times, so the following driving times are just for guidance.
- 27-minute drive to Changi International Airport
- 13-minute bus ride to the Chinatown Heritage Center
- 14-minute bus ride to Sri Marimman Temple
- 15-minute bus ride to the heart of the action along Orchard Road
- 18-minute bus ride to the Parliament House
- 20-minute bus ride to famous Raffles Hotel
- 20-minute bus ride to St. Andrew's Cathedral, the City Hall, and the Padang
- 21-minute bus ride to Fort Canning Park
- 21-minute bus ride to the National Museum of Singapore
- 22-minute bus ride to Esplanade Park, Theater, and Library
- 27-minute bus ride to the Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Center
Rooms and Rates
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
|Address||77 Tiong Bahru Road, Singapore 168727, Singapore|