- Quiet, waterfront location on a serene stretch of beach
- Basic, comfortable rooms with balconies; some with gulf views
- Rooms are equipped with microwaves, mini-fridges, and coffeemakers
- Small but sunny outdoor pool and Jacuzzi
- Flat-screen TVs and ceiling fans are nice touches in a budget hotel
- Free Wi-Fi and free daily breakfast
- Good value for appealing waterfront location
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A clean, budget hotel located right on the beaach
The La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Beach is a quiet, budget hotel option on the northern end of the South Padre Island hotel sprawl. The Hilton Garden Inn is right next door, but this hotel lies closer to the water than its northern neighbor. A pretty wooden walkway leads to the beach, giving the hotel a very serene feel. The small pool only has a few chairs for lounging, but many guests relax on the beach instead. The interiors of the hotel are dated and showing wear, but basic, chain-like rooms offer clean bedding and budget-friendly conveniences (such as microwaves and empty mini-fridges). Travelers choose this hotel not for its decor, but for its excellent beach location and good value.
On the northern end of the hotel sprawl beside a quiet stretch of beach
The La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Beach is located on the northern end of the island, making it feel somewhat quieter than hotels in the middle of the hotel sprawl. It is close to local restaurants, with at least one that is within walking distance right along the beach. Similar to other areas of South Padre Island, a car is needed to get around with ease. A Hilton Garden Inn sits immediately to the north of the property, with only a narrow alleyway separating the two. Outdoor enthusiasts might appreciate the hotel's convenient close proximity to Sea Turtle, Inc. and the South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center. A beach park lies just to the north of the hotel.
Potential guests should be aware that any of the walking distances below involves walking across and/or along a busy road without sidewalks.
- 67-minute-drive to Rio Grande Valley International Airport
- 4-minute-walk to Andy Bowie County Park
- 4-minute-walk to South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center
- 4-minute-walk to Sea Turtle, Inc.
- 6-minute-walk to South Padre Island Convention Center
- 11-minute-drive to Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
- 12-minute-drive to Port Isabel Lighthouse & Museum
- 49-minute-drive to Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
Outdated decor but comfortable, spacious, and clean rooms
Spacious rooms at the La Quinta Inn & Suites are lacking in appealing decor, although they do offer a nice color scheme, ceiling fans, and lamps for warm lighting. Amenities include mini-fridges, microwaves, and coffeemakers, and all rooms also have free Wi-Fi. While all rooms have private balconies, they are noticeably smaller than those at the newer Hilton Garden Inn next door.
- Small balconies with plastic furniture
- Bright bathrooms with shower tubs
- Wooden desks lack ergonomic chairs
- Comfortable beds
- Ceiling fans help keep rooms cool
- Flat-screen TVs (two in Jacuzzi Suites)
- Coffeemakers with free coffee
- Mini-fridges and microwaves
Rooms and Rates
A free basic breakfast and a restaurant next door
- Free basic breakfast consisting of cereals, baked goods, and juices
- Free coffee in lobby
- Several good restaurants nearby, including The Great American Grill next door at Hilton Garden Inn
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||7000 Padre Blvd, Texas Gulf Coast 78597-7726, United States|