- Appealing beachfront location in southern end of South Padre Island
- Huge, beautiful pool with infinity edges overlooking the beach
- Spacious, minimalist suites with stocked kitchens and balconies
- Good on-site dining and a seasonal swim up pool bar
- Bright fitness room with modern machines and flat-screen TV
- Spa with Aveda products and long list of treatments
- An all-suite property with microwaves, mini-fridges, and washer/dryer
- Another hotel sits right next door to it
- No real lobby area
- Only three-bedroom suites have full ocean views
- Some old tube TVs
- Parking is far from hotel
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A modern hotel with Art Deco features
The relaxing Peninsula Island Resort consists of two six-story towers facing each other with a large swimming pool in between. Most rooms have a view over the swimming pool, while the more spacious three-bedroom suites have oceanfront views. However, the gulf is still partially visible from the remaining rooms. The scene at the Peninsula is a laid-back one, with a great pool and lounge area, seasonal swim-up bar, and attractive restaurant and bar. The Art Deco vibe gives this hotel a Miami-type atmosphere, especially with its pastel yellow paint job and turquoise glass accents. The presence of the spa makes this hotel even more relaxing, offering a long list of treatments featuring Aveda products.
On the southern end of the hotel sprawl beside a quiet stretch of beach
The location of the Peninsula Island Resort on the southern end of the island makes it feel quieter than hotels in the middle of the hotel sprawl. It is also close to local restaurants, although a car is necessary to reach them with ease. There are numerous properties in close proximity to the hotel, including La Copa next door. A vacant sand lot separates the parking area -- closer to the road and somewhat of a walk -- from the hotel.
- 63-minute-drive to Rio Grande Valley International Airport
- 5-minute-drive to Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
- 8-minute-drive to Port Isabel Lighthouse & Museum
- 11-minute-drive to South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center
- 11-minute-drive to Sea Turtle, Inc.
- 12-minute-drive to South Padre Island Convention Center
- 45-minute-drive to Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
Modern, spacious rooms with tile floors and white decor
Spacious rooms are decorated with modern furnishings and nice accents including granite countertops and tile floors. Bathrooms feature attractive tile mosaics, and the absence of carpets helps keep suites fresh, despite South Padre Island's humid climate. While Studio Suites have a bedroom and dining area separated only by a partition, there are also multi-bedroom suite options. Ground-floor Presidential Suites have pretty, manicured lawns overlooking the beach, while the ones on higher floors have balconies with full sea views.
- Full kitchens with stoves, microwaves and tableware
- Nice balconies with patio furniture
- Spacious bathrooms with granite countertops, tile floors, and shower tile mosaics
- Comfortable beds
- Some old tube TVs
- Coffeemakers with free coffee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Studio Suites face the swimming pool and property next door.
- Presidential Suites directly face the beach.
Rooms and Rates
A sprawling swimming pool, spa, and small fitness center
The outstanding feature of the Peninsula is its huge pool with ample lounge areas. In addition, the hotel also offers a spa featuring Aveda products and a small but bright fitness center.
A good seaside restaurant and seasonal poolside service
- Las Olas serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a casual atmosphere
- Seasonal poolside service and swim-up bar
- Several good restaurants nearby
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||340 Padre Blvd. and Hwy 100, Texas Gulf Coast 78597, United States|