- Business-friendly, contemporary hotel renovated in 2011
- An indoor pool (though aging) and free access to an outdoor pool
- An American restaurant on-site serving breakfast and lunch
- A lounge area in the lobby for dinner and drinks
- Walking distance to restaurants in Westport Plaza
- Rooms have duvets, flat-screen TVs, and coffeemakers
- A small but well-equipped fitness center free for guests
- A conference center attached to the hotel with 11 event rooms
- Free parking
- 20-minute drive from most St. Louis attractions
- Bottom-floor rooms may experience highway noise
- Fee for in-room Wi-Fi (free in lobby)
- The Westport Plaza area is showing its age
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A typical Sheraton hotel that attracts a business crowd
Guests may be a little confused when first driving into this area of St. Louis, as there are signs pointing in opposite directions for two Sheraton properties: The Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel and the Sheraton Lakeside Chalet Hotel. They are located on opposite sides of The Westport Plaza, a Swiss-style pedestrian-friendly complex with retail and office space.
Upon arrival, guests can either park in the lot (for free!) or pull into the hotel's driveway to drop off luggage. The hotel restaurant is located on the right, and serves breakfast and lunch; it can get an afternoon rush when business meetings are taking place in the hotel. The contemporary lobby has plenty of work and seating areas, and Wi-Fi is free here. The attractive front desk area is adjacent to a spacious lounge and adjoining business center. There are a number of conference rooms attached to the hotel, which are frequently used by business travelers.
Though some retail shops and restaurants have closed in the Westport Plaza area, there are still some options for restaurants. It stays pretty quiet during the day, but the place can liven up at night.
Located in the Westport Plaza complex, about a 20-minute drive from downtown
This business- and family-friendly hotel is located off of the highway on the outskirts of city. The area is a base for many corporate headquarters, as well as shopping malls (the St. Louis Galleria and St. Louis Mills Shopping Center are both in the area). The mixed-use area has Swiss-style architecture combines retail and office space. There are a few shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues, including a comedy club. The complex is also home to Sheraton's sister property, the Lakeside Chalet.
Even though airport transfers are available, the city of St. Louis is quite spread out, and most people will find they need a car while visiting. Parking is free for guests.
St. Louis is a thriving Midwestern city, perhaps best known for its iconic Gateway Arch -- dubbed the "Gateway to the West."
- 14-minute drive to Lambert St. Louis International Airport
- 19-minute drive to Chesterfield
- 20-minute drive to downtown Clayton
- 21-minute drive to Forest Park (home of the St. Louis Zoo, amphitheatre, museums, and activities)
- 22-minute drive to the St. Louis Science Center
- 23-minute drive to Fox Theatre
- 23-minute drive Washington University campus
- 25-minute drive to the St. Louis Contemporary Art Museum
- 25-minute drive to Anheuser Busch Brewery
- 25-minute walk to Busch Stadium
- 29-minute drive to Laclede's Landing
- 30-minute drive to the Gateway Arch
Contemporary, chain-like rooms with flat-screen TVs
The hotel offers 210 rooms with generic decor -- neutral tones, such as beige walls and brown carpeting, and white duvets on the beds. Striped drapes add a splash of color. Bathrooms have shower/tub combos. Amenities include flat-screen TVs and coffeemakers with Starbucks coffee.
- Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds
- Coffeemakers with Starbucks coffee
- Duvets and white cotton sheets
- Feather and down pillows
- Desks and ergonomic desk chairs
- Flat-screen TVs
- Shower/tub combos
- Clock radios (no iPod docks)
Rooms and Rates
An aging indoor pool, and free access to the outdoor pool next door
The indoor pool area does not look like it received upgrading during the 2011 renovations. Though it receives natural light, the small bean-shaped pool surrounded by stone tile is showing its age. There is a small adjoining terrace for those looking to soak up some sun.
The outdoor pool at the hotel's sister property next door is more impressive. Guests have free access to it as well -- a nice perk during warmer months when St. Louis gets hot. There are dozens of blue lounge chairs for sunbathing, and a separate shallow area for younger kids. A mushroom-shaped fountain creates a fun waterfall effect.
A well-equipped but windowless workout area near the main lobby
The fitness center located off the lobby received an upgrade during the hotel's 2011 renovations. Guests have free access to a selection of cardio machines and weights, as well as a small stretching area. Though the room is windowless, large decorative mirrors, pale wood floors, and accent walls help brighten up the space.
A restaurant on-site, and casual options in Westport Plaza
The Terrace Restaurant is the hotel's main dining room and is located off the hotel entrance. It serves American cuisine for breakfast and lunch, including a buffet option, and decor is pretty typical for a large chain (think wood furniture and muted tones). There is also a private dining area for small groups and meetings.
- For dinner on-site, the bar area next to the front desk -- Orchids Lounge -- serves food from the late afternoon until night. Room service is also available.
- Other options just steps away in Westport Plaza include St. Louis Bread Co., Starbucks, a Japanese steakhouse, and a romantic Italian restaurant.
A contemporary lobby bar and additional options within walking distance
Orchids Lounge, located off the lobby, serves a full range of drinks. It's popular with the hotel's business guests, particularly during weekdays.
For more choice, guests can walk over to Westport Plaza where a number of bars and restaurants serve beer, wine and cocktails. The hotel's sister property -- the Lakeside Chalet -- is also within walking distance, and has rustic-chic bar located in the lobby.
A comfortable business center and free parking
- Concierge service to assist with special requests and local information
- Free Wi-Fi in the main lobby (though for a fee in rooms)
- An attractive business center and print services in the lobby
- Sundry shop with snacks and essentials
- Enterprise Rental Car in the lobby
- Express checkout from guestrooms
- Self-parking lot and covered garage (free for guests)
- Airport pick-up and drop-off service
- Laundry and dry cleaning service
- Luggage storage
Business and Conventions
An attached conference center and a location close to corporate headquarters
The Sheraton Westport is close to corporate headquarters in the Westport area. For on-site functions, a modern conference center is attached to the hotel and offers over 42,000 square feet of meeting space. There are 11 rooms in all -- the largest is 4,700 square feet -- and all contain ergonomic furnishings, tack walls, and flip charts. Audio visual equipment is available, and Internet access is offered for a fee. Planners can make arrangements for catering, and technicians can and assist with events.
Ample function space for weddings of all sizes
The Sheraton Westport caters to business clientele, but the hotel's numerous event rooms are also used for weddings and private parties. Most of these non-business-related functions occur in either the East Ballroom or The View, which overlooks Westport Plaza. On-site staff and the catering team can assist with arrangements.
The hotel is easy to access from the highway, and free parking is available in either the lot or covered garage. For nightlife, Westport Plaza offers several restaurants and bars within walking distance of the hotel.
ADA compliant throughout, with seven designated guestrooms
- Interior and exterior modifications to the building have been made to meet ADA requirements.
- Electronic devices for the audio and visually impaired are available upon request. Also, there are fire alarms for the audio and visually impaired in rooms and throughout the hotel.
- Seven ADA-accessible guestrooms come with wider doors, removable showerheads (some have roll-in showers), lower shelving for storage, and lower peepholes.
- Ample handicap accessible parking
A safe location on the outskirts of the city, with security measures in place
- 24-hour staff, as well as security department on premise
- Cars are parked in a well-lit parking lot or garage
- Safes and deadbolts in each guestroom
- Locked exterior doors after 10 p.m. that require room keys to access
- Safety deposit box behind front desk
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||900 Westport Plaza, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis 63146, United States|