- Beachfront, family-friendly resort packed with amenities
- Total of 4 pools including an adults-only pool with swim-up bar
- Excellent kids' programs and children's pool complex
- All rooms have private balconies with great ocean views
- Resort has 5 restaurants and multiple bars
- Affordable all-inclusive rates; virtually unbeatable in St Lucia
- Minimalist rooms with no cheesy tropical decor
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
All-inclusive resort packed with amenities
The 345-room St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an all-inclusive property that offers travelers the biggest bang for their buck in quite possibly all of St Lucia. The resort features five restaurants, four pools, and a small but beautiful beachfront. While the resort is family-friendly, it also is focused on delivering a good time for adults. There are multiple bars with free-flowing drinks and it's all included.
The resort opened in 2006 and although the decor isn't exactly modern, it is clean and shows very few signs of wear and tear. Dark wood and white wicker furnishings set a relaxing tone and suites offer quite a bit more space -- and massive soaking tubs. The scene here is full of travelers on a budget looking to stretch their dollar for a Caribbean vacation. That includes families with young kids as well as couples and groups of friends. This resort doesn't have a rowdy reputation, but there are many bars and restaurants to choose between for evening entertainment.
There are a few drawbacks to the St. James Morgan Bay: Rear units are quite close to the highway, free Wi-Fi is only available in the lobby and Sunset Lounge, service is friendly but not always attentive, and the spa is tiny. But they're hardly worth griping about considering the affordable rates. No, it’s not as nice as the nearby Windjammer Landing, but it has all the same amenities at a fraction of the price. The only full-service property that bests the St. James in terms of value is Bay Gardens Beach Resort, but the cheaper rates are not all-inclusive, and the number of amenities simply does not compare.
Off the main highway on the northern side of the island
The St. James's Club Morgan Bay is located on the northern side of the island. There is nothing off-property within walking distance of the resort, but the resort itself is packed with amenities. Unfortunately for visitors wishing to explore more of St Lucia, most of the island's tourist highlights are on the southern side of the island, a significant drive away. Car rentals are available, but beware of hairpin turns, deep potholes, and busy roundabouts -- especially for drivers that aren't used to left-side-of-the-road British driving.
- 15-minute drive to George F. L. Charles Airport
- 90-minute drive to St. Lucia Hewanorra Airport
- 1-minute walk to Morgan Bay (resort is located on the beach)
- 10-minute drive to the nearest grocery store
- 10-minute drive to Reduit Bay’s restaurants, cafes, shops, and beaches
- 12-minute drive to Rodney Bay
- 15-minute drive to Pigeon Island
- 15-minute drive to St. Lucia Country Club golf course
Rooms with generic furnishings and private balconies with ocean views
Despite opening in 2006, the 345 rooms at the St. James's Club Morgan Bay aren't quite as modern as they could be. Modern touches include large flat-screen TVs and a lack of any wear and tear, but furniture is generic and both bathrooms and balconies are on the small side. The little touches -- such as alarm clocks and toiletries -- come off a little cheap at this resort, but most units do have amazing views overlooking Morgan Bay and the Caribbean Sea. A welcome basket with a tropical fruit plate, bottle of wine, and rum is standard here, a perk not offered at other resorts on the island.
- Balconies; some full ocean view, some partial view
- Beds are soft and comfortable.
- Hydro Basics toiletries
- Shower/tub combos
- 32-inch flat-screen TVs
- Coffeemakers and tea kettles with free Colonial coffee and Lipton tea packets
- Free welcome gift with fruit basket, bottle of wine, and bottle of rum
- Wall-mounted air-conditioning units
- Radio alarm clocks
- Room service (lunch and dinner only)
Rooms and Rates
Long list of amenities make for a good value
One of the main reasons people choose St. James's Club Morgan Bay is the extensive offering of features. While the resort is family-friendly, kids have their own children's pool and there is a separate adult-only pool with a swim-up bar. There are also two additional family pools. Those looking to kick back with a frozen drink can take advantage of the many bars, while people looking to stay active might hit the fitness center, play a round of tennis on one of the lighted courts, or partake in water sports such as kayaking, windsurfing, waterskiing, and snorkeling.
- Small beach that gets crowded
- Four pools: two family pools, a children's pool, and an adult-only pool
- Two souvenir shops selling local artwork, basic provisions, beach toys, and attire
- Jewelry shop located off the lobby
- Activities concierge in the lobby
- Free Wi-Fi only in the lobby and Sunset Lounge
- Two pay-for-time computer stations with Internet access in lobby
- Small independently owned spa with two treatment rooms and a salon
- On-site nurse
- Fitness center with cardio machines, a weight multi-station, dumbbells, yoga balls, and mats
- Four tennis courts: two lighted turf courts, and two hard courts that double as a basketball court
- Water sports pavilion with kayaks, windsurfers, surfboards, stand-up paddle boards, banana boats, waterskiing and snorkeling; non-motorized sports are free
- Beach volleyball court
- Day excursions are very affordable.
- View full list of amenities
Both a kids' club and teen center
- Kids' club with jungle gym, nursery, arts and crafts, games, and movie showings
- Teen center with video games, computers, board games, DVDs, a pool table, and a ping-pong table
Five restaurants with varied cuisine, although emphasis is on quantity
As can be common at all-inclusive properties, the focus at St. James's Club Morgan Bay's five restaurants tends to be on quantity rather than quality. There is always sufficient variety, although some food enthusiasts might think the dishes lack imagination. Bambou serves breakfast and lunch by the beach. A more upscale choice is Morgan's Pier, serving seafood in a scenic atmosphere. Just beyond the main pool is the Sunset Lounge, a popular spot for its Wi-Fi connectivity and entertainment stage in the evenings. There are also two more restaurants, the French-Creole Le Jardin, and The Palms, which serves simple continental meals. Next to the children's pool is the Plum Tree Bar & Grill, featuring kid-friendly American fare such as burgers, pizza, and hot dogs.
- Two pool bars: Lazy Lagoon Pool Bar and Tommy's Hilltop Pool Bar
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Choc Bay, St. Lucia, Gros Islet, Caribbean|