Travel Guide of Yorkville, Toronto for: The Hazelton HotelYorkville, Toronto, Ontario
- One of Canada’s most exclusive shopping districts
- Great dining options
- Wonderful luxury hotels
- Beautiful neo-Gothic architecture in the southwestern part of the neighborhood
- Two subway lines run in the area
- Easy access to Casa Loma, an elegant castle with sweeping views of the city
- The Royal Ontario Museum
- Few budget hotels
- Far from major tourist attractions -- like the CN Tower -- and sports venues
What It's Like
Once the capital of Canada's hippie movement, Yorkville is now an upscale shopping district filled with exclusive boutiques and chic restaurants. Also, the most luxurious hotels in the city are here, and celebrity sightings are not rare, particularly during the Toronto International Film Festival in September.
Besides the shops and restaurants, the Royal Ontario Museum is one of the main draws, featuring thousands of art items from Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Canada, and a large collection of fossils.
Where To Stay
Stay close to Bloor Street, Avenue Road and Yonge Street to be within walking distance to the upscale retailers and the Royal Ontario Museum. This will also give you easy access to the several subway stations you’ll find in the area.