- Great location, within walking distance of the Piazza San Marco, numerous museums, and restaurants
- Rustic-luxe rooms feature wood-beamed ceilings and flat-screen TVs
- Top-notch restaurant
- Freebies include a breakfast buffet and passes to a nearby gym (about a 10-minute walk from the hotel)
- Some rooms have attractive modern bathrooms and balconies
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- No on-site spa, pool, or fitness center (although passes to a nearby gym are available)
The highlight of the historic Hotel Saturnia is its location on a busy shopping street in San Marco, just a short walk from the Piazza San Marco and important sights such as the Rialto Bridge. And the rooms are attractive -- with charming historic details such as wood beamed ceilings and mahogany headboards -- although there are some variations (particularly in the quality of the bathrooms) even between rooms of the same category. Though the hotel lacks a spa, fitness center, and pool, it still offers more amenities than many other Venice hotels, offering a top-notch restaurant, a rooftop terrace (complete with an outdoor shower), and free passes to a nearby gym.