Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Bring your walking shoes -- it's a hike to Dupont Circle
The hotel claims to be in , but it's actually on the neighborhood's fringe -- on a leafy, residential block a 15- to 20-minute walk to the Dupont Circle Metro stop on the Red Line. In fact, the Helix is much closer to Logan Circle, Scott Circle, and the strip of restaurants, pubs, and shops on P Street between Logan Circle and 15th Street, a formerly down-and-out area now populated by restored apartment buildings, a Whole Foods supermarket, and hybrid cars.The diverse Dupont Circle neighborhood, named in honor of American naval officer Samuel Francis Dupont, is a longtime spirited gathering spot for progressive, socially minded types; coffeehouses, bars, restaurants, and upscale retail shops abound. It's the place to head for a vegan dessert, a gay bar, or to buy fresh produce on Sundays at the farmers' market. Centrally located with numerous options for nightlife (and frequent crowds), Dupont Circle is ideal for travelers who want to get out of "old downtown" and stay in a neighborhood where locals actually live. It's also the historic center of the city's gay community and home to Embassy Row.
- on the Red Line is a 15- to 20-minute walk, but offers direct access to , The Mall, Smithsonian Museums, and the National Zoo.
- Hotel is steps away from the short but convenient strip of restaurants, pubs, and shops of P Street between Logan Circle and 15th Street.
- Hotels can call or hail cabs anytime; taxis are easy to come by on weekend evenings.
- 1.2 miles to the White House; five minutes by cab or a 20- to 25-minute walk
- 2.4 miles to the U.S. Capitol; 10 minutes by cab
- 5.5 miles to ; about 20 minutes by cab in traffic
- 30 miles to ; up to 70 minutes by cab in traffic
- , D.C.'s main train station served by Amtrak, MARC commuter rail, and the Metro subway and bus system, is five Metro stops away on the Red Line from Dupont Circle ($18 to $30 by taxi).
Rooms and Rates
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||1430 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20005, United States|
|Also Known As||