- Convenient location for visiting Colonial Williamsburg and other attractions
- Comfortable guest rooms, with microwaves, mini-fridges, and coffeemakers
- All Kings feature sleeper sofas, and some have whirlpool tubs
- Free hot breakfast buffet with eggs, bacon, and sausage
- Heated indoor pool and whirlpool housed in a bright space
- 24-hour fitness center with free weights and cardio equipment
- Guest laundry room with vending machines and arcade games
- Valet dry cleaning and laundry service are available
- Business center with two computers and a printer
- Tour and attractions tickets sold at the front desk
- Free on-site parking and Wi-Fi throughout
- Guest rooms are a bit dated and lack safes
- Breakfast room can get crowded
- The fitness center is sparsely equipped
The two-and-a-half-pearl Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn offers solid value and a convenient location for tourists visiting Colonial Williamsburg and other local attractions. Located on Bypass Road/Route 60, it’s a short drive to the area’s historic sites and amusement parks, and a brief walk to several restaurants. Features include a free hot breakfast buffet, heated indoor pool/whirlpool, guest laundry room, and free Wi-Fi and parking. It also has a fitness center, but it’s on the small side. Its 122 guest rooms are spacious but a bit dated, with microwaves, mini-fridges, and coffeemakers, and Kings feature sleeper sofas. Rates are among the most attractive in the area, considering the free breakfast. For more modern guest rooms, compare rates with the nearby Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway, which was completely renovated in 2015.
Hotel & Amenities Photos
- Fitness Center
Things You Should Know About Best Western Historic Area Inn
Also Known As
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn
201 Bypass Rd, Williamsburg, Virginia 23185-2920, United States
Oyster Hotel Review
Best Western Historic Area Inn
A tourist hotel with a bright and contemporary lobby
This Best Western is set on a large piece of property with lots of green space and a spacious parking lot. Inside, the lobby is bright and contemporary, featuring white furniture and columns accented by tan tile floors and dark-brown rugs and black trim. Just a few steps from the front desk is the breakfast room, which has a similar look. It can get quite crowded at times in peak season, especially when the hotel is hosting tour groups who tend to ascend on the area en masse. Otherwise, the hotel is generally quiet and peaceful. As with most hotels in the immediate area, tourists are its primary clientele.
On Bypass Road/Route 60, a seven-minute drive from Colonial Williamsburg
The Best Western Plus is set back off busy Bypass Road/Route 60, with several other hotels and numerous restaurants in the immediate area, some of which are within waking distance of the property. It’s a short drive to most area attractions, and there's a shuttle (fee) to Colonial Williamsburg that stops in front of the hotel.
- Six-minute drive to College of William & Mary
- Seven-minute drive to Colonial Williamsburg
- 12-minute drive to Williamsburg-Jamestown Airport
- 16-minute drive to Water Country USA and Busch Gardens
- 19-minute drive to Historic Jamestowne and Yorktown
- 45-minute drive to Richmond International Airport
- 60-minute drive to Norfolk
Spacious but a bit dated, with microwaves, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, and free Wi-Fi
Muted earth tones and vibrant fall colors such as gold, burnt orange, and olive accent guest rooms, though while furniture is more contemporary than traditional, spaces have a dated look overall. They're also a bit dark, with black-and-brown patterned carpeting and espresso furniture, and smallish windows don’t help. Still, units are comfortable and spacious. Kings feature sleeper sofas and desks with office chairs, and Double and Double Queens have small tables with upholstered chairs in lieu of sofas and desks. Standard amenities are a plus, with microwaves, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, 37-inch flat-screen TVs, and free Wi-Fi, but there are no safes. Bathrooms are on the small side, but they're a touch more attractive than sleeping areas. All have shower/tub combos, wide vanities, hairdryers, and bottled toiletries. Guest rooms are generally quiet.
Free hot breakfast, indoor pool/whirlpool, fitness center, guest laundry, and free Wi-Fi
Features are a highlight at the Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn. There's a free hot breakfast buffet with eggs, sausage, bacon, and French toast sticks, plus yogurt, cereal, fruit, and other cold items. The spread receives mostly favorable reviews from pasts guest, but the breakfast room can get crowded at times. Another perk is the spacious indoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool housed in a bright atrium, and there's a small patio with tables just outside the pool area. There's also a 24-hour fitness center, but it only has free weights and four pieces of cardio equipment. Tickets for local attractions are sold at the front desk, and other amenities include a business center next to the breakfast room with two computers and a printer, valet dry cleaning and laundry service, a laundry room with arcade games, and vending machines. Parking is free on the hotel’s spacious surface lot, and Wi-Fi is free throughout.
Hotel & Amenities Photos
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Gameroom / Arcade
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Poolside Drink Service
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.