- Sleek rooms are spacious and bright
- All rooms have balconies
- Renovated in 2011
- Big flat-panel TVs and mini-fridges
- Well-stocked sundry store in lobby
- Easy access to I-35 (and downtown Austin)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Located in a slightly sketchy neighborhood
- Walking anywhere from here is not recommended
- 10-minute drive to downtown Austin
- Older building with a few lingering kinks
Although located in a slightly sketchy neighborhood, opposite a shopping mall whose glory days are long-gone, this property's spacious, bright rooms are far more sophisticated than you might expect from a Holiday Inn. But it's a little far from the action and attractions downtown.
- Fitness Center
Oyster Hotel Review
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
Modern business hotel for travelers who don't mind driving
The Holiday Inn Austin Midtown -- which was purchased from a competing hotel chain, re-branded, and remodeled -- is enjoying a new lease on life. The decor is sophisticated and contemporary, thanks to renovations completed in 2011, although a few vestiges of the old property remain -- mainly hardware like window frames, and the building's exterior. The area can feel a little sketchy, so this hotel is best-suited to business travelers with their own transportation who don't need to walk anywhere, or prefer to host meetings and events at the hotel. The property has 13,000 square feet of meeting space and six meeting rooms, the largest of which can hold up to 700 people. Highway access is convenient, for those who need to get to downtown Austin.
In North Austin, just of I-35, in a business and lower-income neighborhood, behind one of Austin's now-defunct shopping malls
The Holiday Inn Midtown lies well north of Austin, just off one of its main arteries. Its location is certainly one of its biggest drawbacks, as you'll find virtually nothing in the way of places to walk to. Some rooms have views of the city, off in the distance beyond the highway, while others front the large, empty parking lot and abandoned stores of what was once one of the city's most important shopping complexes. The somewhat seedy nature of this part of town becomes evident if you drive around nearby streets, though might be easy to miss if you stick to the corridor between the hotel and main highways.
- 25-minute-drive to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- 10-minute-drive to LBJ Presidential Library
- 12-minute-drive to Texas State Capitol
- 15-minute-drive to Austin City Limits at The Moody Theater
Large, bright rooms, with sleek, slightly retro decor
It might feel like you've stepped in to an episode of Mad Men when you first walk in to the room. There are several elements of updated 1960s style, including oversize lamps, geometric art, an avocado-colored sectional chaise lounge, and (in some) a brightly colored striped chair. The beds and pillows are very much 21st century, and the beds can be adjusted to different levels of firmness. The decor blends well with the building's original architecture.
- One of the largest rooms in town (if not the largest) for its price point
- Bathrooms all have shower/tub combos (less upscale than walk-in showers or separate showers and tubs).
- Large flat-screen TVs with cable channels
- All rooms have balconies
- Coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- In-room mini-fridge
- Safety deposit boxes are large enough to fit a laptop
A fitness center and a shady outdoor pool
- 24-hour fitness room with cardio machines, strength training machines, free weights, medicine balls, and exercise balls
- Outdoor pool and lounge area shaded by trees (with tables for eating outside)
- Large conference rooms (and a total of 15,000 square feet of event space)
- On-site laundry facilities
- 24-hour lobby mini-mart
- Free and abundant guest parking
- View Full List of Amenities
All-Inclusive / Food
A 24-hour lobby sundry shop, a lobby bar, and a cafe serving all three meals
- Red Pepper Café serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual space.
- The funky lobby bar hosts an evening happy hour with free drinks, and there's plenty of room to mingle, lounge or watch TV.
- Well-stocked, 24-hour lobby sundry shop
- Room and poolside service
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.