- Chinatown location near downtown dining and drinking
- Lower room prices than many downtown hotels
- Free Wi-Fi throughout property
- Free breakfast daily
- East River views from some top floors
- Close to the subway and Manhattan Bridge (possible to bike to Brooklyn!)
- Citi Bike station across the street
- Hotel is pet-friendly, for a fee
- Bright lobby with free newspapers
- Some furniture shows wear and tear
- Wi-Fi can be spotty in areas
- On-site parking is expensive
- Lacking a restaurant and fitness center
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A nice but narrow lobby with free newspapers
There’s not much happening on the main level of the hotel, but the small lobby is clean and bright with a few seating areas for reading a newspaper. The most action the lobby sees is during the free breakfast. Otherwise this hotel is merely a place to rest and shower. Staff members of this family-run franchise can offer local suggestions.
In the center of Chinatown
The location of this franchised property is what makes it cool and unique, as Chinatown and Little Italy are both immediately nearby. Soup Dumplings? Check. Veal Parmigiana? Check. Manhattan Bridge and bike bath to Brooklyn? Check. Trendy Lower East Side restaurants can be found within blocks, and the hotel is within walking distance of the famous boutiques in SoHo. The B and D trains are just over a block away.
Clean rooms with a little wear and tear
Though some furniture is showing age, the owners have kept the property feeling fresh with updated linens (light brown comforters with red throws) and modern bathrooms. Wi-Fi is free throughout and all rooms have a work desk. Pets are welcome for a fee. Rooms come with a standard queen bed, two double beds, or a loft-style queen which has a separate seating area above, with views over the East River.
Rooms and Rates
Basic features such as free breakfast and Wi-Fi
This is a simple hotel with simple features. The hearty (and free!) breakfast in the clean, modern lobby includes hot and cold items, add Wi-Fi is also free, adding to the hotel's value. The hotel does not have a bar or full-service restaurant on-site, but guests will find plenty of options nearby for both dining and nightlife. Pets are welcome for a daily fee.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
|Address||61 - 63 Chrystie Street, New York City, New York 10002, United States|