- Convenient location just north of Times Square
- Clean, modern rooms with flat-screen TVs
- Larger rooms with one king-size bed and a pull-out couch available
- Modern 24-hour fitness center
- 24-hour business center with free printing
- Free hot breakfast
- Free tea, coffee, and newspapers in lobby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Valet parking available (for a fee)
- Breakfast room and lobby can get crowded
- Fee for parking (typical for NY)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Centrally located, just north of bustling Times Square and south of serene Central Park, the hotel is close to many attractions and transportation hubs.
The hotel is located on 8th Avenue between 51st and 52nd Streets, near Times Square, the Theater District, and Central Park.
Though once seedy, Times Square was reborn in the mid-'90s as a commercialized tourist haven, lit by 24-hour flashing billboards and theme restaurants like ESPN Zone and Bubba Gump Shrimp. Today, visitors walking the streets are more likely to be accosted by a comedy-club promoter, a rickshaw bicycle operator, or a caricature artist than a mugger. It's crowded, but there's something unquestionably exhilarating -- and convenient -- about staying in the neon-lit heart of the city. Plus, the mayor recently decided to close off much of Broadway to traffic, making it more pedestrian-friendly.
But beyond the dazzling marquees of Times Square, Midtown West still offers plenty of other kinds of thrills, from hip restaurants and gay bars in Hell's Kitchen on its west side to tourist must-sees like Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, and 5th Avenue department stores on its east. At the northern boundary, marking the start of Central Park, there's Columbus Circle -- home to the luxe Time Warner Center and its acclaimed five-star restaurants.
- Near the C, E, 1, B, D, N, Q, and R subway lines
- 10-minute walk north to Central Park
- 10-minute walk south to Times Square
- 10-minute walk to Rockefeller Center
- 20-minute subway ride to the Empire State Building
- 30-minute subway ride or $15 taxi to the ferry terminal to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- 20-minute subway ride to the American Museum of Natural History
- 10-minute walk to the Museum of Modern Art (the "MoMa") and a 30-minute subway ride or $8 taxi to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the "Met")
Rooms and Rates
|Things to Do||
|Address||851 Eighth Avenue, New York City, New York 10019, United States|