- Overnight parking fees
- Internet for a fee
- Pool's gray slate tile heats up to dangerously hot temperatures in Texas summer sun
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A modern facility that appeals to both business and leisure travelers
The modern, efficient feel of the Grand Hyatt becomes evident the moment you pull up to its covered entryway, which is not unlike that of an airport terminal. Clearly marked signs direct you to parking and check-in. As you make your way through the glass doors into the lobby, the utter spaciousness of the public areas stands out. Rather than feeling cold and impersonal, however, the Grand Hyatt has melded its modern feel with artistic accents that make it feel inviting. Among the pieces decorating the lobby are chocolate sculptures, bright paintings, a school of glass fish swimming over the escalators, and a beautiful chandelier in the Bar Rojo lounge area.
While the Grand Hyatt caters mostly to business travelers, the leisure traveler can appreciate the property’s service and amenities. Check-in and check-out are efficient and straightforward (including video check-out), though somewhat lacking the warmth of comparable properties. The pool and fitness center are large and modern with services that include chilled towels and poolside drink service.
In the heart of the city, within walking distance of the Alamo and just a stone’s throw away from San Antonio’s River Walk
The Grand Hyatt is located in downtown San Antonio close to the city’s main historical attractions. Guests can walk to any of a number of area attractions, including the Alamo, La Villita, the River Walk, and Tower of the Americas.
- 12-minute-drive to San Antonio International Airport
- 5-minute-walk to the Alamo
- 5-minute-walk to the River Walk
- 5-minute-walk to Tower of the Americas
- 5-minute-walk to La Villita park
- 5-minute-walk to Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
- 15-minute-walk to the Alamodome
- 15-minute-walk to the King William Historical District
Spacious, comfortable, modern, and bright
The Grand Hyatt’s rooms feature modern furnishings in earth tones, with modern features such as large flat-screen TVs and motion-detected bathroom lighting. There is a large desk with USB internet connection (for a fee) and an adjustable-arm reading lamp for the business travelers.
- Internet access for a fee
- Large flat-screen TVs with premium cable
- Shower/tub combos
- Coffeemakers and empty mini-fridges
- South-facing rooms have views of Tower of the Americas and Alamodome.
Rooms and Rates
Plenty of amenities for both the business and leisure traveler, though you’ll find yourself paying to use some of them
A number of features are geared toward the business traveler, including the numerous meeting facilities, some with spacious balconies overlooking the city. Plus, the Grand Hyatt, in partnership with FedEx, offers a shipping and business center for mailing packages or purchasing shipping supplies. Adjacent to the shipping facility is a business center with pay-to-use computer terminals (credit card required) from which you can e-mail, surf the Internet, and print documents.
Business and leisure travelers alike can appreciate the other features.
View-oriented steakhouse restaurant, plus a coffee shop
- Ruth's Chris Steak House features beautiful views of the River Walk, outdoor seating, and serves breakfast/lunch/dinner.
- Perks Coffee shop offers ready-made sandwiches and an assortment of snacks, as well as Starbucks coffee; open 24 hours.
- Bar Rojo is a casual-yet-upscale lounge serving specialty drinks and classic cocktails as well as small plates.
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||600 East Market Street, San Antonio, Texas 78205, United States|