- Quiet location about 10 miles outside Albuquerque
- Big complex with a spa, golf course, and concert venues
- Spacious, modern rooms with flat-screen TVs and iPod docks
- Casino with 1,600 slot machines, 30 table games, and poker room
- Large combination indoor/outdoor pool with lounge chairs
- Sunny fitness center with modern machines
- Interesting rock 'n roll memorabilia on display
- Free Wi-Fi, self parking, and airport shuttle
- Cigarette smoke in the casino
- Self parking involves a long walk
- No coffeemakers in rooms
- No upscale, fine-dining option on-site
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Fun hotel and casino with variety of entertainment and facilities
Over the front doors of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Albuquerque is the quote: "We got fun and games". Although the line is lifted from a Guns 'N Roses song, it applies to this hotel, with its huge casino, 27 holes of golf, concert venues, large indoor/outdoor pool, La Bella Spa, and variety of bars and restaurants.
The Hard Rock style is big, flashy, and brimming with the spirit of rock and roll. Glass display cases showcase memorabilia such as an Elvis suit, guitar signed by the Rolling Stones, and photographs of Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin. A gift store next to the lobby sells Hard Rock merchandise and rock music can be heard in most common areas.
Several restaurants and a pair of bars surround the casino, creating a lively atmosphere. Cigarette smoke is an issue in the casino, and unfortunately makes its way to other areas of the building, too. This might be an unwelcome situation for guests that don't smoke or gamble.
The hotel also has a relaxing scene, found at the large pool with an indoor/outdoor design. It is surrounded by dozens of lounge chairs, a pair of Jacuzzis, and a fire pit. The equally big and bright fitness center and La Bella Spa are next door to offer a break from gambling, and there's 27 holes of golf at the Isleta Eagle Golf Club. Live entertainment is found at the Showroom, a large concert venue, or at the outdoor amphitheater that hosts many of the national touring acts.
10 miles south of the Albuquerque Airport in the town of La Isleta
The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is located 10 miles south of the Albuquerque Airport near I-25 on Isleta Pueblo land. A free shuttle service transports guests to and from the airport. The location is somewhat isolated and there are no outside restaurants or shopping nearby. Guests interested in exploring outside the resort might want to investigate renting a car.
Albuquerque sits along the Rio Grande at an elevation of over 5,000 feet. The city was founded in 1706 by the Spanish as a colonial outpost in the New World. Today, the city is home to more than 530,000 people of over 70 different ethnicities. Albuquerque retains connections to the past and its varied cultural influences in the architecture, artwork, and cuisine found throughout the city. It is also the ballooning capital of the world. Albuquerque hosts the International Balloon Fiesta each October, an event that might be the most photographed in the world. Local hot air balloon companies offer rides all year long.
As a four-season city with 300 sunny days a year, Albuquerque has an active community of golfers, hikers, skiers, horseback riders, mountain bikers, and fishermen.
- 15-minute drive from Albuquerque International Airport
- 20-minute drive to the University of New Mexico Championship Golf Course
- 20-minute drive to the Albuquerque Convention Center
- 20-minute drive to historic Old Town Albuquerque
- 20-minute drive to Albuquerque Uptown (shopping area)
- 20-minute drive to BioPark (including the Zoo, Aquarium, Botanic Garden, and Tingley Beach)
- 20-minute drive to National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
- 35-minute drive to Balloon Fiesta Park
- 35-minute drive to Petroglyph National Monument
- 45-minute drive to Sandia Peak Tramway
- 1.5-hour drive to Santa Fe
Sophisticated modern style and rock memorabilia
The 201 sleek, contemporary rooms are decorated in earthy reds, whites, oranges, and tans. While there is some Native American decor, the design is more focused on a rock and roll theme. Bathrooms are large and feature black stone counters and shower/tub combos. Higher-level rooms have glass walk-in showers, deep soaking tubs, and double vanities.
- Big flat-screen TVs and iPod docks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Views of mountains to the east, and views of the Rio Grande in some rooms facing west
- The Deluxe King and Deluxe Double Queen are the standard room options, and can also be rented with balconies.
- The Junior Suite has a separate king bedroom and living area, plus a Jacuzzi tub.
- The Governor's Suite has a boardroom table, fireplace, separate living room and master bedroom, pool table, large balcony, and two bathrooms.
Rooms and Rates
Huge casino, indoor/outdoor pool, and spa
The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino occupies a somewhat isolated location outside of Albuquerque, but has a long list of features to keep guests occupied.
- The casino has 100,000 square feet of gambling space including 1,600 slot machines, 30 table games, and a poker room.
- Huge indoor/outdoor pool, two Jacuzzis, and a fire pit
- Sunny fitness center.
- La Bella Spa, with signature treatments including the warm sea foam mud wrap
- Isleta Eagle Golf Club
- Two concert venues
Variety of casual restaurants and lively nightlife
The Hard Rock Hotel has a variety of choice for food and drinks, although none of the restaurants are particularly upscale. The restaurants here are family-friendly, and include a Mexican option, a deli, and an ice cream shop.
- Tiwa Cafe serves steaks and chops until late at night
- The Eagle’s Nest Buffet serves American, Asian, and New Mexican food for lunch and dinner seven days a week (breakfast is served only on weekends).
- Lucha serves Mexican food next to the casino
- The Deli serves burgers and burritos (open whenever the casino is open).
- Daubers serves sandwiches for dinner daily (and serves breakfast on the weekends) .
- Chill serves coffee, pastries, and ice cream.
- 505 Fusion is the nightclub at the Hard Rock serving Italian and Southwestern food until late (with nightly entertainment including DJs and live bands).
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||11000 Broadway SE, Albuquerque 87105, United States|
|Phone||1 (877) 475-3827|