- Excellent location near annual Balloon Fiesta
- Spacious suites with full kitchens and dining areas
- Big, well-lit work desks and free Wi-Fi
- Cozy living rooms with flat-screen TVs
- Seasonal outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi
- Free hot breakfast, evening snacks, and parking
- 24-hour fitness and business centers
- Outdoor tennis and basketball court
- Some complaints of slow Internet speed
- Some complaints of light highway noise
The Residence Inn Albuquerque North is a mid-range option offering more space than its competitors. Rooms are ideal for business travelers and families, with full kitchens, dining areas, work desks, and living rooms. Inviting interior spaces have a clean, modern look and are complete with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. Additional perks include a heated pool and basketball/tennis court. Located in north Albuquerque, this hotel is a great pick for the annual Balloon Fiesta held nearby. While some guests complain about slow Internet speeds or highway noise, this amenities-packed hotel offers good value.
- Fitness Center
- Pets Allowed
Oyster Hotel Review
Residence Inn Albuquerque North
Contemporary hotel with extra amenities
The Residence Inn Albuquerque North offers a reasonable price point with extra amenities. Rooms are bigger than most mid-range chains, with the base studio unit measuring in at 450 square feet. Full kitchens include dishwashers, stoves, microwaves, fridges, anddining tables. As a result, the scene here is a relaxed one. Some guests utilize this hotel as an extended stay option, made easy by extra touches like big work desks, free Wi-Fi, and cozy living spaces with flat-screen TVs. The laid-back vibe continues in the library beside the lobby, offering a quiet, comfortable space to work or read a book from the shelves. The full size basketball and tennis courts provide an option for outdoor recreation; balls are made available to guests.
In north Albuquerque close to I-25
Located just off I-25 in north Albuquerque, the Residence Inn Albuquerque North is within a short drive of attractions such as Balloon Fiesta Park. Parking here is free and several restaurants are within easy walking distance.
Sitting along the Rio Grande at an elevation of 5,312-ft, Albuquerque occupies a high desert environment. The city was founded in 1706 by the Spanish as a colonial outpost in the New World. Today, Albuquerque is home to more than 530,000 people of over 70 different ethnicities -- including Native Americans, Latinos, and Anglos -- making it the largest city in New Mexico. Many travelers are drawn to Albuquerque for its unique culture, which can be explored through the city's artwork, cuisine, and architecture.
Albuquerque is also known as a center of high-tech industry and research. The Sandia National Laboratory, General Electric, and Kirtland Air Force Base all call the city home. It’s also the ballooning capital of the world. Albuquerque hosts the International Balloon Fiesta each October, an event that might be the most photographed in the world. Local hot air balloon companies offer rides to visitors year-round.
As a four-season city with 300 sunny days a year, Albuquerque has an active community of golfers, hikers, skiers, horseback riders, mountain bikers, and fishermen. The Sandia Mountains just to the east provide a high-altitude respite from the summer heat and many miles of forested trails, and a winter playground featuring Sandia Peak Ski Area. Any visit to Albuquerque is incomplete without a ride on the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway, the longest tram in the world, ascending 2.7 miles from the outskirts of the city to the Sandia Mountains at 10,378 feet.
- 15-minute drive from Albuquerque International Airport
- 10-minute drive to Balloon Fiesta Park
- 15-minute drive to the University of New Mexico Championship Golf Course
- 15-minute drive to downtown Albuquerque
- 15-minute drive to historic Old Town Albuquerque
- 15-minute drive to Albuquerque Uptown (shopping area)
- 15-minute drive to BioPark (including the Zoo, Aquarium, Botanic Garden, and Tingley Beach)
- 15-minute drive to National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
- 15-minute drive to Petroglyph National Monument
- 15-minute drive to Sandia Peak Tramway
Spacious suites with flat-screen TVs, kitchens, and free Wi-Fi
The Residence Inn offers big rooms that include a full kitchen -- with microwave, fridge, stove, dishwasher, and coffeemaker -- as well as flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and well-lit work desks with extra electrical outlets. Decor is generic and lacks a regional touch, but is pleasant. A tan and red color scheme and blonde wood furniture combine with the patterned carpeting for an airy, modern look. Bathrooms feature sinks located outside the bathroom door.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Flat-screen TVs
- Full kitchens with utensils and dishes
- Coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- All rooms have big work desks with extra outlets
- Rooms are bigger than most mid-range rooms, with the basic studio at 450 square feet,
- Upgrading to the One-Bedroom Suite gets guests a sleeper sofa and separate living room.
- Upgrading to the Two-Bedroom Suite gets guests a fireplace, two bathrooms, and 880 square feet.
- No in-room safe but front desk has a safe deposit box
Fitness center, outdoor pool, and basketball/tennis courts
For a mid-range option, the Residence Inn Albuquerque North offers generous features. Within the spacious suites, extras like kitchens and work desks are convenient touches. Beyond the room, this hotel also offers a seasonal heated pool and Jacuzzi, a 24-hour fitness center, and a basketball/tennis court. Business travelers might also appreciate the 24-hour business center.
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Seasonal heated pool and Jacuzzi
- Business center open 24 hours
- Fitness center open 24 hours
- Free hot breakfast buffet and evening snacks
- Interior spaces are modern and clean
- Basketball/tennis court
- Cozy library with work space and books to lend
All-Inclusive / Food
Free hot breakfast and evening snacks
While there is no restaurant on-site at the Residence Inn, the hotel does offer a free hot breakfast. In addition, there are several restaurants within a short walking distance and rooms offer full kitchens stocked with cooking utensils.
- Free hot breakfast
- Several restaurants in walking distance
- Rooms have full kitchens.
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Supervised Kids Activities
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.