- Stylish pool deck features a year-round pool, Jacuzzi, and fire pit
- Great location in downtown Aspen
- Modern rooms have flat-screen TVs and tiny kitchenettes
- Some rooms have balconies with Jacuzzis and beautiful views
- Old-fashioned fireplaces in some rooms
- Free breakfast year-round
- Free evening appetizers and wine during ski season
- Free Wi-Fi, parking, and seasonal airport shuttle
- Rooms are on the small side
- Kitchenette countertops could use updating
- No restaurant or fitness center
- No elevator
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Contemporary decor and high-tech amenities feel more modern boutique than classic ski lodge
Unlike most hotels in the Aspen area, this property features sleek, contemporary decor that creates more of a modern boutique vibe than a classic ski lodge ambience.
While a hint of classic ski lodge decor can be detected in a few of the hotel's design elements -- like the antler chandelier above the front desk and the stone fireplace in the breakfast area -- the property has a decidedly modern feel both inside and out.
A stylish color palette that incorporates dark tones with bright accents can be found throughout the hotel -- from its charcoal grey exterior punched up by a sleek red awning to its guest room interiors with dark wood furniture and colorful accent walls.
Sleek wicker lounge chairs dot the property's neatly manicured grounds and stylish pool area. A highlight of the hotel, the pool area features a fire pit, modern patio furniture, large Jacuzzi, and year-round pool with fountain elements.
The Hotel Aspen offers free continental breakfast with hot and cold foods year-round, as well as evening wine and appetizers during the ski season. Parking at the hotel is free, as is Wi-Fi and a winter airport shuttle service.
On West Main Street, close to the heart of downtown Aspen
The Hotel Aspen stands on West Main Street (also known as Highway 82), which runs directly through Aspen. It is located across the street from popular Paepcke Park and just a block away from local breakfast favorite Main Street Cafe. The hotel is walking distance from numerous other eateries, as well as bars, ski lifts, and The Belly Up concert venue that features a mix of up-and-coming bands and famous musicians. The gorgeous and frequently photographed Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area is a 25-minute drive from the hotel and other attractions are an even shorter drive away.
As for getting to Aspen, most travelers fly into Aspen Airport directly and forgo the four-hour drive from Denver, but flights are often delayed due to winter weather.
- 12-minute drive to Aspen Airport
- 4-hour drive to Denver International Airport
- 9-minute walk to City Market Grocery for food and supplies
- 12-minute walk to the closest ski lift in downtown Aspen
- 17-minute drive to Snowmass Village
- 25-minute drive to Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area
Modern rooms with kitchenettes and updated bathrooms
The hotel's boutique vibe pervades the guest rooms and suites, which feature sleek decor, high-tech amenities, and luxe touches, albeit limited space. Dark wood furniture, geometric-shaped lamps, black-and-white curtains, and stark nature prints create a modern feel, while red accent walls, golden yellow carpets, and bright furniture textiles add pops of color and a touch of warmth.
Even the standard rooms offer high-tech amenities such as flat-screen TVs and iPod docks, as well as luxe touches like Gilchrist & Soames toiletries and 300-thread-count sheets. All rooms also feature kitchenettes with microwaves, bar-style seating and mini-fridges, but the light-colored countertops need to be replaced, as they clash with the rest of the decor and are showing signs of wear and tear in some cases.
Bathrooms are clean and modern, but are a bit on the small side. Most only offer stand-alone showers.
- Flat-screen TVs with DVD players
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod docks and in-room humidifiers
- Kitchenettes with microwaves and mini-fridges, but countertops need updating
- Modern, clean bathrooms are on the small side, most only offer stand-alone showers
- Ground-level rooms have lovely patios
- Pet-friendly rooms available
- Jacuzzi Suites feature private balconies with Jacuzzis and beautiful mountain views
Rooms and Rates
Stylish pool area and free continental breakfast, but no fitness center, restaurant, or elevator
- Spacious, stylish pool area with large Jacuzzi, year-round pool, and fire pit
- Free continental breakfast offered year-round, evening appetizers and wine during ski season
- Free Wi-Fi
- Use of a guest computer, but no real business center
- Free Aspen Airport shuttle in the winter, with limited schedule
- No fitness center, restaurant, or elevators
- View Full List of Amenities
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||110 West Main Street, Aspen, Colorado 81611, United States|