- Great Main Street location, within walking distance to downtown
- Two outdoor Jacuzzis with peeking mountain views
- Free ski shuttle stops directly in front of lobby
- Individually decorated rooms with cozy, personal touches
- Free daily breakfast buffet
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free street parking
- No ski-in/ski-out access
- No pool, fitness center, or spa
- Rooms, especially in the front of the hotel, can be noisy
- No valet parking
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Rustic lodge with a casual layout and two outdoor Jacuzzis
Overshadowed by trees, the Annabelle Inn can be hard to spot on the first drive-by. But the rustic lodge stays true to its unflashy roots with nicely updated mountain-lodge-style decor in the lobby, including tons of old, unfinished barn wood (even the ceilings), comfy leather couches, and a cozy stone fireplace. This area also has a huge flat-screen TV, and two computers with free Internet access.
The Annabelle has a four-story, courtyard-style layout exposing all the stairways and walkways to the elements. (The Inn does have an elevator in case the outdoor staircases get overwhelmed by snow, which can be a common occurrence in Aspen winters.) The central focus of the inn, the courtyard, is a serene area with a wonderfully landscaped water and stone feature, and pretty flower pots. On the fourth floor overlooking the courtyard, a ski-lift swing (Aspen's take on a porch swing) is a great spot to take in the beautiful mountain views. The two outdoor Jacuzzis also offer mountain views (though just a peek), and serve as prime spots for post-slope relaxation -- the upper Jacuzzi area features ski videos every evening, an added perk for ski junkies.
On West Main Street, within walking distance to the heart of downtown Aspen
When driving into Aspen, it’s easy to miss the Annabelle Inn, which is nicely located on West Main Street but hidden by large trees, at the intersection of Main and 2nd streets.
Guests can walk to almost anywhere in Aspen from the hotel -- the ski lift, The Belly Up live music venue, and numerous restaurants and bars. And what may be beyond walking is a just short drive. The most frequently photographed scene in Colorado, the Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area, is just a 25-minute drive from the Annabelle Inn.
- 12-minute drive to Aspen/Pitkin County Airport
- 4-hour drive to Denver International Airport
- 10-minute walk to City Market Grocery
- 14-minute walk to the closest ski lift in downtown Aspen
- 17-minute drive to Snowmass Village
- 25-minute drive to Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area
Cozy cabin-style rooms with individual details
Guests have three room options: Premium, Deluxe, and Standard. Premium rooms, lining the top floor of the Annabelle, offer great views of Aspen mountain, and a few have fireplaces or balconies. Deluxe rooms have less of a mountain view than Premium rooms, but offer the same standard amenities. The only difference (besides the price) of the Standard rooms is the proximity to Main Street, and the resulting street noise that can be heard from these rooms. Luckily street noise dies down fairly early. But if you're a light sleeper, an upgrade to a Deluxe or Premium room wouldn't hurt.
Thanks to the fact that they're individually decorated in classic mountain-lodge style, rooms feel more like they belong in a cozy cabin than an Aspen hotel, with unique layouts, handmade quilts, and antique furniture. Rooms aren't large, but they are comfy, and the bathrooms are nice with updated fixtures and and pretty tile work (unique from room to room).
- Free Wi-Fi
- Small flat-screen TVs
- Granite and tile bathrooms, with toe-kick heaters to keep the floor warm
- Coffee makers with free coffee
- AM/FM clock radio with CD player
- Standard shower/tub combos in some rooms, walk-in showers in others
- Some rooms have a fireplace and/or a balcony
Rooms and Rates
Two outdoor Jacuzzis and well-manicured grounds, but no spa or fitness center
The Annabelle Inn offers two outdoor Jacuzzis with mountain views; at night, ski videos are shown next to the upper Jacuzzi on a large projection screen. The Inn offers a free breakfast buffet with a large variety from cold and hot cereals to breakfast pastries. But don't expect a spa or fitness center.
- Two outdoor year-round Jacuzzis
- Free breakfast buffet every morning
- Ski lockers for equipment storage
- Free Wi-Fi
- Well-maintained, beautiful courtyard including a rock-waterfall feature
- Conference center that seats up to 100 people
- Free parking, but no valet
- No spa or fitness center
- View Full List of Amenities
Transport to / from Hotel
|Address||232 West Main Street, Aspen, Colorado 81611, United States|