- Solid outdoor pool
- Well-maintained, shady grounds
- Full kitchens, convenient for extended stays
- Free hot breakfast, and weekday happy hour with free cocktails
- Free poolside live music on Thursdays
- Within walking distance of Norris Conference Centers and restaurants
- Quiet location with easy access to Mopac Expressway
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Apartment-style rooms popular for long-term stays
The Hotel Allandale seems popular for long-term stays, or with business travelers who visit Austin frequently (particularly when their business takes them to the nearby Norris Conference Centers). The property is also well suited to traveling families: The pool and shady grounds are pluses, and the full kitchens can help parents save money on food. Access to a car is a must, as you’ll need it to get around from here.
The lobby decor is vaguely Southwestern: A prominent painting of a cow, lots of (low-quality) light wood, beige tile floors, and leather club chairs. It flows into the airy breakfast room, which is lined with glass windows.
Next to the Norris Conference Centsers in Allandale, a mixed commercial/residential area north of Downtown Austin
The hotel is located in Allandale, a mixed commercial/residential sector about a 15-minute drive north of Downtown Austin. In addition to easy access to Mopac Expressway, the hotel is a short drive to The Arboretum and The Domain shopping and dining centers.
- 10-minute walk or 2-minute drive to Norris Conference Centers
- 9-minute drive to The Arboretum mall
- 11-minute drive to The Domain mall
- 17-minute-drive to Austin City Limits at The Moody Theater
- 15-minute-drive to Texas State Capitol
- 15-minute-drive to LBJ Presidential Library
- 30-minute-drive to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
The Allandale's multi-room suites tend to feel dark, mostly because there is a single, small window in each of the rooms, and it is covered by curtains. Peeling back the curtains reveals little light coming in from the shady grounds outside. The furniture feels shabby and dated, appliances in the full kitchens are old, and the TVs are bulky.
- Large multi-room suites with living rooms
- Bathrooms have shower/tub combos
- Old tube TVs -- one in the living room, and one in the bedroom(s), as well as a DVD player
- Coffeemaker with free coffee
- Full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, sink, oven, microwave oven, toaster, dishwasher and dining bar with raised chairs
- Some rooms have gas fireplaces
Rooms and Rates
- Outdoor pool with plenty of lounge chairs, tables, and umbrellas for shade. Free poolside live music on Thursdays.
- Tiny fitness room with a few older cardio machines
- Conference rooms
- Small business center off the lobby, with two computers and a printer
- Free and abundant guest parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- View Full List of Amenities
A free hot breakfast
- Restaurant in the lobby serves free hot breakfast buffet daily.
- Happy hour Monday through Thursday with free cocktails
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||7685 Northcross Drive, Austin, TX 78757|
|Phone||1 (512) 452-9391|