- Warm rooms with flat-screen TVs and Texas-inspired decor
- Convenient downtown location within walking distance of popular attractions
- Attractive glass-and-steel atrium lobby
- Beautiful rooftop pool, Jacuzzi, and bar, with great city views
- Large, modern fitness center (though it lacks windows)
- 24-hour business center
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Upscale chain in downtown Austin geared toward business travelers
The Omni principally draws two types of travelers: business travelers, who you'll see scattered around the soaring, gleaming, atrium lobby, and well-heeled couples, who you'll often see congregating at the rooftop pool and bar. Despite the chain's kid-friendly features -- a kids' check-in backpack; loaner toys, books, and games; and milk and cookie delivery on the first night -- families are less common, perhaps due to the hotel's location near the rowdy Sixth Street entertainment district.
Though the hotel's location amid Austin's popular bars, restaurants, and nightclubs is convenient, it can also be noisy; some guests have complained of loud music from nearby clubs and of boisterous guests returning to the hotel after a night out.
In the heart of Downtown Austin, within walking distance of the Sixth Street entertainment district
The Omni sits on 8th Street in Downtown Austin, in the heart of the city’s business sector and a short walk to popular attractions, including the famed Sixth Street entertainment district.
- 20-minute-drive to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- 5-minute-walk to Sixth Street entertainment district
- 10-minute-walk to Texas State Capitol
- 15-minute-walk to Austin City Limits at the Moody Theater
- 15-minute-walk to 2nd Street entertainment district
- 15-minute-walk to Frank Erwin Center
- 6-minute-drive to the Blanton Museum of Art
- 8-minute-drive to Mike A. Myers Stadium
- 8-minute-drive to LBJ Presidential Library
Comfortable and modern, with Texas-inspired touches
The Omni's rooms are warm and comfortable, with a blue, yellow and brown color scheme and Texas-inspired touches, like cowhide ottomans and leather studded chairs. The stylish executive suites feature walls plastered with themes that include Texas bluebonnets and windmills. The hotel also has luxury suites, which include Fitness Suites with treadmills and other workout equipment. But some rooms are dated and most overlook the glass-and-steel atrium rather than the outdoors, meaning views are somewhat obstructed and lack of privacy can be an issue.
- 32-inch flat-screen TVs with cable channels and on-demand movies
- Two-cup coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- Free morning newspaper delivery
- Hotel-brand toiletries and shower/tub combos in most rooms
- Executive suites have walk-in showers and views facing the city (instead of the atrium)
- Club Rooms get access to club lounge, with free continental breakfast and happy hours
Rooms and Rates
A chic rooftop pool and a solid fitness center
- Stylish, outdoor rooftop pool and lounge area with views of the city below
- Large, windowless fitness center with cardio machines, strength training machines, and free weights. Flat-screen TVs mounted on the walls, and some cardio machines have individual TVs.
- Several shops in the lobby
- 24-hour business center with two computers, a printer, a large copy machine, and a meeting table. Fees apply; computers only accessed with credit card.
- Paid underground self-parking or valet parking, with in-and-out privileges
- Fee for in-room Wi-Fi, unless you sign up for the hotel's free loyalty program. Wi-Fi in the lobby is free.
- View Full List of Amenities
The Omni’s steel-and-glass lobby atrium also houses the restaurant and bar on the ground floor.
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||700 San Jacinto at 8th Street, Austin, Texas 78701, United States|