- Secluded location with great surfing and picnic beaches nearby
- Outdoor pool with nice ocean views
- Renovated boutique rooms that exude a modern nautical feel
- Stunning views of the rocky coastline from front rooms
- Well-regarded restaurant on-site with indoor and outdoor tables
- Rooms have flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and mini-fridges
- Free parking and Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A stylish, yet unpretentious boutique hotel and restaurant
This historic property may not look like much upon entering the parking lot, but catch that first breathtaking view of the ocean and everything makes sense. The main entrance leads to the cheerful yellow lobby, restaurant, and bar area where there are more views from the large front-facing windows. Off the lobby, a charming staircase winds up to the second floor and introduces a nautical feel with photography, white walls, and wood floors. Outside, grounds include two parking lots, an outdoor pool area, and the restaurant’s patio. Walk down to the beach area for photo ops, or simply read a good book on one of the lounge chairs poolside.
For such a small hotel, the ambience remains lively, as the well-known restaurant attracts locals and tourists who are not staying at the hotel.
One of the few hotels on the scenic east coast, where surfers dwell
While most hotels in Barbados are bunched together on the south and west coasts, The Atlantis Hotel has a unique location on the lesser-known east coast overlooking large boulders and huge waves. This surfers' paradise is quite hilly, and a car is needed to get to most island attractions. Area taxis can be arranged through the hotel.
- 35-minute drive to Grantley Adams International Airport
- 5-minute drive to Soup Bowl surfing area
- 5-minute drive to Round House Inn Restaurant and Bar
- 7-minute drive to Bridgetown
- 12-minute drive to Flower Forest Botanical Gardens
- 16-minute drive to Harrison’s Cave
- 24-minute drive to Sandy Lane Country Club and golf courses
- 25-minute drive to Holetown
- 26-minute drive to Royal Westmoreland Golf Course
- 34-minute drive to Oistins Fish Fry and St. Lawrence Gap
Eight stylish bedrooms in the main property, and two suites near the pool
Rooms in the main building have differing sizes and views, but all contain canopy beds dressed in white linens, colonial furniture, and colorful accents. Options include a one bedroom, a one bedroom with ocean-front view, or a one-bedroom suite with ocean view. In addition, there are two two-bedroom suites in a separate building near the pool that have a master bedroom, double twin room, dining room, and full kitchen. The lower level unit has a private front porch overlooking the spectacular coastline.
- Modern bathrooms with large walk-in showers (no tubs)
- The White Collection toiletries
- Flat-screen TVs, and iPod docks
- Mini-fridge and tea kettle
- Large closets with plenty of storage for longer stays
Rooms and Rates
Little in way of amenities, but some of the best views around
This small hotel lacks typical resort amenities -- its stunning views, lovely outdoor pool, and on-site restaurant round out the property's perks.
The Atlantis restaurant is popular with hotel guests, locals, and tourists staying at other hotels. Stunning coastal views from both inside and outside tables complement the carefully thought-out cuisine, which features fresh local produce, seafood, and meats. A Barbadian buffet is served twice a week -- reservations are strongly recommended.
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Tent Bay, St. Joseph, Bathsheba BB21054, Caribbean|