- Ski-in/ski-out property on Hunter Mountain
- Spacious rooms with wet bars; most have kitchens and fireplaces
- Outdoor heated pool and whirlpools open year-round
- Solid restaurant and bar on-site
- Spa with several treatment rooms and salon services
- Small fitness center with sauna and steam bath
- Free self-parking
- Concierge, ski storage, valet parking
- Decor is a little dated
- Some rooms have small tube TVs
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A mid-range mountain hotel with ski-in/ski-out access
One of the things that make the Kaatskill such a popular hotel among outdoors enthusiasts is its ski-in/ski out access and its proximity to hiking trails, ski slopes, and attractions in Hunter Village. The hotel also draws many families with its comfortable rooms -- most with kitchens -- outdoor heated pool with indoor access, nice spa with several treatment rooms, and solid on-site restaurant.
Overall the property is cozy but a little bland, with mountain-lodge-style decor and tube TVs. However, it is a great mid-range pick for those looking to spend some relaxing days in touch with nature or exploring the nearby towns. For the better deal, stay here during the week when rates drop significantly.
At the foot of Hunter Mountain, a short drive from Hunter Village
The Kaatskill Mountain Club is located right at the foot of Hunter Mountain ski resort, inside a complex shared with a few other accommodation options, including apartments and hotels. It offers ski-in/ski-out access, but note that guests have to walk all the way to the end of the complex to get to the slopes.
Hunter Village is a quaint little town in the Castkills’ Greene County. Despite its small size, the town offers a wide array of great attractions, including a piano museum with one-of-a-kind pianos (featuring Lincoln’s favorite, among other instruments), the Catskills Mountain Foundation -- complete with a bookstore, a theater and an art gallery -- and a public library from where visitors can borrow books to read by their in-room fireplace or in the lobby.
- 3-minute drive to Main Street Hunter Village
- 20-minute drive to Windham Mountain ski resort
- 38-minute drive to Belleayre Mountain ski resort
- 44-minute drive to Woodstock
- 50-minute drive to Kingston
- 1-hour drive to Rhinebeck
- 2-hour-10-minute drive to New York City
Bright and spacious, with fireplaces and wet bars (most also have kitchens)
Rooms at the Kaatskill are fairly spacious, with at least a small sitting area and a wet bar. However, most units have a kitchenette or full kitchen, and all but the Studio Suites have a fireplace. Large, multi-room suites are great for families and groups and feature separate sleeping areas, fireplaces, fully equipped kitchens, and two bathrooms.
Decor is somewhat dated and technologies could use an update -- but all units are comfortable and have mountain views. Some feature jetted tubs.
- Working fireplaces (all but the Studio Suites)
- Tube TVs with cable channels
- BeeKind toiletries
- In-room movie selection
- Wet bars in Studio Suites; full kitchens in Studio Deluxe Suites and up
- Jacuzzi Suites have a jetted tub next to the bed.
- Superior Suites have a murphy bed; some suites have sleeper sofas.
- Executive Suites and the Penthouse Suite have washer/dryers in the kitchen.
Rooms and Rates
A heated pool with indoor access and mountain views
- The heated outdoor pool is open year-round and has indoor access, great for the winter months.
- Two outdoor whirlpools with mountain views
Small windowless gym
The hotel features a small fitness center with cycling bikes, weight training equipment, and treadmills. Cardio machines lack individual TVs.
- Free bottled water
- Steam room and sauna
- No natural light
A pleasant spa with several treatment rooms and salon services
- Several rooms for massages, body treatments, and skin treatments
- Salon services include mani/pedis and facials.
- Couples massages available
Multi-room suites, a game room, and a kid-friendly menu at the restaurant
The Kaatskilll Mountain Club is a good pick for families. It not only offers multi-room suites with kitchens, but family features such as as a heated outdoor pool with indoor access, an arcade, and an on-site restaurant with kid-friendly menu options.
- Studio Deluxe Suites and One-Bedroom Jacuzzi Suites have pull-out couches; Superior Suites have a murphy bed and a sleeper sofa.
- Two- and three-bedroom suites available
- Game room with arcade games
- In-room movie selection
A solid on-site restaurant, and kitchens in most rooms
- Van Winkles restaurant offers a menu with bar food, pizzas, sandwiches, salads, breakfast items, and entrees.
- Van Winkles Lounge offers a daily happy hour featuring beer, wines, and well drinks.
- All but Studio Suites feature fully equipped kitchens with stovetops, full-size ovens, sinks and fridges.
All the basics, plus a couple of extra perks for skiers
- Ski storage
- Daily housekeeping
- Video game room for kids
- Ski-in/ski-out access
- Free self-parking; valet parking available for a fee
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||62 Klein Avenue Hunter, NY 12442|