- Across the river from the Historic District, and nothing within walking distance
- No restaurant on-site
- Pets allowed but at a steep fee
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
In St. Andrews, a neighborhood in West Ashley across the river from Charleston’s Historic District
The Residence Inn is located on a quiet street off Highway 61 in Downtown Riverview, across the river from the Historic District. There are several other chain hotels around it, and there’s a large shopping mall a few minutes from the property, but the only thing within walking distance is the marina, from which you can get nice views of the historic downtown area.
The hotel is located in an area called St. Andrews, which is part of West Ashley. This mostly residential area on the west bank of Ashley River is a peaceful community that meets modern consumerism -- wide streets lined with trees, cars parked on front lawns of cute houses, and huge shopping malls with hundreds of stores and chain restaurants.
West Ashley proper covers an immense area across the river from Charleston, and is where some of the most important historic sites outside the Historic District are located. You will need a car whenever you want to leave your hotel, but you won’t find much traffic anywhere.
- 20-minute drive to Charleston International Airport
- 10-minute drive to Charles Towne Landing, the birthplace of America
- 10-minute drive to the Charleston Museum, the oldest museum in the US
- 20-minute drive to Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
- 10-minute drive to the Historic District
- 15-minute drive to the Patriots Point Naval and Maritime Museum
- 20-minute drive to Drayton Hall, a beautiful plantation
- 25-minute drive to Middleton Place, America’s oldest landscaped gardens
Rooms and Rates
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||90 Ripley Point Drive, Charleston 29407, United States|