Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A better-than-average mid-range hotel near the Magnificent Mile
Don't let the Doubletree name throw you. The chain is making a concerted effort to improve its brand image, and this property is proof that it is at least partially succeeding. It's a solid mid-range hotel for a good price, with contemporary (if not quite stylish) decor, a good (if not exceptional) American restaurant, a well-equipped (if windowless) 24-hour fitness center, and an outdoor rooftop pool (albeit a plain one). It's not exceptional, by any means, but it's better than you might expect. Still, it's worth comparing rates with the Millennium Knickerbocker, which has more charm and history.
Across the river from the Loop and two blocks from the Magnificent Mile
The DoubleTree Chicago Magnificent Mile is located in Streeterville, a popular tourist neighborhood that's home to tall skyscrapers, upscale stores, and Navy Pier. It's two blocks from the Magnificent Mile, an iconic stretch of North Michigan Avenue known for its upscale shopping, and across the river from the Loop. The nearest subway station is seven blocks away.
- 12-minute walk to the John Hancock Observatory
- 12-minute walk to the Navy Pier
- 15-minute walk to the Loop
- 15-minute walk to the Millennium Park
- 6-minute drive to the Theatre District
- 6-minute drive to the Art Institute of Chicago
- 7-minute drive to the Chicago City Hall
- 8-minute drive or 21-minute subway ride to the Old Town
- 13-minute drive or 27-minute subway ride to the Wrigley Field
- 12-minute drive or 45-minute subway ride to Kenwood neighborhood
- 13-minute drive or 37-minute subway ride to the Museum of Science and Industry
- 19-minute drive to Midway International Airport
- 25-minute drive to O’Hare International Airport
Contemporary rooms were renovated in 2009, and feature modern amenities
All 500 rooms were renovated in late 2009 and have new furniture and fresh bedding, as well as 27-inch flat-screen TVs, Neutrogena toiletries, coffeemakers, and alarm clocks with MP3 hookups. The decor is contemporary, if not stylish (carpets and bedding look a little too chain-like.) Both smoking and non-smoking rooms are available.
- 27-inch flat-screen TVs with cable access (including Showtime, CNN and ESPN) and pay-per-view movies
- Alarm clock with MP3 hookup
- Coffeemaker with free coffee and tea by Wolfgang Puck
- Bathroom with granite countertops, shower/tub combos, and Neutrogena toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Free remote printing
- Daily fee for Wi-Fi
Rooms and Rates
- 24-hour fitness center
- Outdoor rooftop swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool in an adjacent building (charged per day)
- Free wired and Wi-Fi Internet in the lobby
- Concierge on duty throughout the day
- Lobby gift shop
- Notary public
- 24-hour business center (fees apply)
- Events space: 16,000 square feet of meeting, banquet and ballroom space with AV equipment
- Self-parking is pricey
- Markethouse serves local seasonal produce, meat and poultry daily. There’s also a bar menu available after restaurant hours.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels sells fresh baked bagels, sandwiches, wraps, soups, to-go salads, yogurts, fresh fruit and pastries for breakfast and lunch.
- The lobby bar has a drink menu available in the afternoons and evenings.
- Room service is available daily. Kosher food is also available.
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||300 East Ohio Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611, United States|