- Housed in a lovely historic stone building near Latin Quarter nightlife
- Bold, quirky contemporary decor throughout
- Stylish rooms with flat-screen TVs
- Upscale bathrooms with rainfall showerheads and towel warmers
- Hot spot restaurant, House Cocktail Bar & Bistro
- Afternoon tea served in the lounge
- Free Wi-Fi
- Excellent breakfast with continental spread (included in some rates) and hot items a la carte
- Some rooms have poor views and little natural light
- No fitness center or spa services
- Some rooms and bathroooms are on the small side
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
An intimate boutique hotel with stylish contemporary decor
Ireland is perhaps better known for its pokey B&Bs than its contemporary boutiques, and The House Hotel provides a welcome respite from plaid- and floral-filled inns. Its lobby lounge area is quirky and not a little girly, with plenty of pink furniture, bold color accents and prints, and eye-catching local artwork.
It's unsurprising that The House Hotel is popular with locals as well as guests, who come for dinner at The Parlour Bar & Grill, drinks at The Cocktail Bar (cocktail making classes can be reserved for eight guests or more), and afternoon tea or drinks in the lounge spaces. Though guests can find a scene-y atmosphere right on-site, numerous bars and restaurants in the hopping Latin Quarter are within easy walking distance.
Near The Spanish Arch and the hopping bars of The Latin Quarter
The House Hotel has an ideal location for tourists, within walking distance of the lively nightlife in the Latin Quarter. The Latin Quarter's cobblestone streets, hopping pubs, and variety of restaurants make it one of the city's principal tourist draws.
- 1-minute walk to The Spanish Arch, a 16th-century stone archway built to protect the quays (though it isn't much to look at)
- 2-minute walk to Quay Street, one of the main thoroughfares of the Latin Quarter
- 3-minute walk to The King's Head, one of the city's most historic pubs
- 5-minute walk to the ticket office for Aran Island Ferries
- 5-minute walk to the bus for Rossaveal (where ferries to the Aran Islands depart)
- 1-hour-15-minute drive to Kylemore Abbey
- 1-hour-17-minute drive to Cliffs of Moher
Rooms and Rates
A hot spot restaurant and cocktail bar
The House Hotel's restaurant, House Cocktail Bar & Bistro, is a destination for locals as well as guests. Three meals a day are served here, including the excellent breakfast, included in many rates; the continental spread includes pastries, muffins, meats, cheeses, and cereals, and hot items can be ordered a la carte.
For lunch and dinner, modern Irish cuisine is served, and a prix fixe early bird menu is offered from 5 to 7 p.m. Reservations are highly recommended for dinner, particularly on weekends. Sample menu items include Jack Daniels marinated baby pork ribs and roast honey glazed half duck. A cheaper bar menu is offered with dishes such as Caesar salads and nachos.
The Cocktail Bar offers an assortment of house wines, beers on tap, and creative cocktails. The trained mixologists also offer classes for groups of eight or more.
Room service, free Wi-Fi, and free daily newspapers
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Free daily newspapers
- Room service
- Laundry and dry-cleaning service
- No on-site parking, but discounted parking for the nearby Hynes car park
- Babysitting upon request
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Spanish Parade, Galway, Ireland|
|Phone||3 (539) 153-8900|