- Apartment-style property with flexible policies
- Beautiful wood flooring
- Modern kitchen facilities and up-to-date bathrooms
- Convenient location by South Kensington tube station
- Within walking distance of Knightsbridge shopping district, including Harrods
- Front desk reception and daily housekeeping
- Video entry phones
- Some apartments do not have washer/dryers or dishwashers
- Complaints of run-down furnishings
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A mid-range apartment-style property in fashionable Kensington
If you ignore the tacky mirrored signage, Harrington Court Apartments is decorated in fairly modern style. In the lobby, dark leather banquettes and dark flooring contrast with beige walls. The hallways are functional, though the carpets look a bit run-down. Since this is a residential-style property, there are no real hotel amenities to speak of: Guests come here for the convenience and privacy of staying in an apartment.
Most apartments are pleasant: light and airy, with ample natural light that complements the beautiful wood flooring. The plain decor isn't stylish, but it is clean and contemporary. Wardrobes are a standard unstained oak, and the furniture generally comes in neutral leather. But there have been complaints that the furnishings in certain apartments could use an update.
A one-minute walk to South Kensington tube station, and just adjacent to the Knightsbridge shopping district
The area of South Kensington can be likened to the “little France” of London, and features French cafés, bookshops, a culture institute, and even a French secondary school. French expatriates as well as Francophiles abound: Don’t be surprised to hear French spoken just as often as (if not more than) English in this part of town.
Knightsbridge is primarily an affluent, toffee-nosed shopping and residential area, populated by well-heeled locals, Middle Eastern leisure and business guests, and the working immigrant class. Home of some of London’s wealthiest residents, such as Chelsea football club owner Roman Abramovich, this is also the famed hangout spot for Middle Eastern racers who reportedly fly in their expensive cars for the summer and spend their days and nights racing around the local streets.
- 5-minute walk to the Victoria and Albert Museum
- 5-minute walk to Natural History Museum
- 7-minute walk to the Science Museum
- 13-minute walk to Hyde Park & Kensington Gardens
- 15-minute walk to Knightsbridge shopping district including Harrods
- 5-minute tube ride to Sloane Square shopping district and Saatchi Art Gallery
- 7-minute tube ride to Hyde Park Corner station including Buckingham Palace
- 10-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Market
- 11-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 12-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus and theatre district
- 16-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
- 18-minute tube ride to Bond Street station and West End shopping district including Selfridge’s
- 19-minute tube ride to Charing Cross station including Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern and the Southbank
Bright, pleasant and spacious, with beautiful wood floors
Most of the apartments are clean and modern, with spare contemporary style and beautiful wood floors. But some of the older apartments haven’t been renovated, and have worn furnishings.
- Apartments are light and airy; many of them have large windows that let in ample natural light. Some furnishings, such as TVs, may be outdated, but the clean modern bathrooms and wood flooring are attractive.
- Some apartments don’t have washer/dryers, while others don’t have dishwashers.
- Many of the studios have small balconies.
- Rates are significantly lower if booking through the manager via email or via the website (as opposed to booking over the phone).
Rooms and Rates
A reception desk and video entry phones
Harrington Court is an apartment-style property and does not provide hotel-style amenities. There is a reception desk, where management is on hand for check-in.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs available upon request
- View full list of amenities
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||13 Harrington Road, South Kensington, London SW7 3ES, United Kingdom|
|Phone||440 (207) 590-8520|