- Central, exclusive location overlooking Hyde Park
- Excellent on-site Michelin-rated restaurant, Nobu
- Sunny, spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs and iPod docks
- Chic and contemporary lobby with great concierge service
- Nightlife hotspot Met Bar for A-list celebrity sightings
- Small but well-equipped spa and fitness center
- At the nexus of Hyde Park, Knightsbridge, and Mayfair
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pricey room rates
- Limited room amenities
Oyster Hotel Panoramas
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Chic and sophisticated with an exclusive atmosphere
The exclusive Metropolitan hotel is often known as one of Kate Moss's favorite London hangout spots. The upscale drinking and dining scene is spread between the world-famous modern Japanese restaurant Nobu -- winner of a Michelin star -- and the Met Bar, host of many private celebrity bashes. With a chic, immaculate white lobby and fantastic service, this is a hotel for discerning travelers who like to party.
Five-minute walk from Hyde Park Corner station, neighboring Belgravia and prestigious Mayfair
The Metropolitan occupies an exclusive location, right at the nexus of Hyde Park, Knightsbridge, and Mayfair. Some of the suites here offer sweeping views overlooking Hyde Park. Neighboring Belgravia is most notable for being a wealthy residential district. With a good number of embassies as well as Buckingham Palace nearby, expect a handful of diplomats and tourists frequenting the streets. Mayfair is another prestigious nearby district, filled with embassy diplomats and local affluent residents.
- 5-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 6-minute walk to Green Park
- 10-minute walk to Buckingham Palace
- 12-minute walk to Knightsbridge shopping district, including designer shops and Harrod’s
- 9-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus Station and Piccadilly theatres
- 12-minute tube ride to Covent Garden and more theatres
- 14-minute tube ride to Westminster station including Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 17-minute tube ride to Charing Cross station and Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern, and the Southbank
- 19-minute tube ride to Bond Street Station and West End shopping district, including Selfridge’s
- 19-minute tube ride to Tottenham Court Road Station and Soho
Understated, simple rooms with great sunlight
Soothing rooms at the Metropolitan are simple and understated. Designed for privacy and discretion, the decor is elegant but may come off as a tad generic to some. There are several different room types here, with many choices for upgrading to get additional space, sunlight, and views. All rooms have COMO Shambhala toiletries, and free mineral water at turndown.
- Deluxe City Rooms feature a king-size bed and spacious desk.
- Metropolitan Rooms have extra space and views over Hyde Park.
- Park Studio Room offers full-length, wall-to-wall windows overlooking Hyde Park.
- Park Suites have separate sitting areas and a balcony overlooking Hyde Park.
- Deluxe Park Suites are situated on the hotel's top floor for incredible views.
Rooms and Rates
Contemporary bar with super-celebrity status and spa facilities
The Met Bar has established a reputation for attracting A-list celebrities and holding exclusive DJ parties in a contemporary setting. In addition to the bar, there is also a relaxing side of the Metropolitan in its spa with six treatment rooms.
- The Met Bar has an extensive cocktail list and British seasonal fare
- COMO Shambhala Urban Escape offers a spa menu with both traditional and Asian-based treatments
- There are two rooms for couples treatments at the spa
- View full list of amenities
Michelin-starred Japanese cuisine by renowned chef Nobuyuki Matsuhisa
Nobu is a bright, breezy, and bustling restaurant owned by world-renowned chef Nobuyuki Matsuhisa and Robert De Niro. The restaurant serves contemporary Japanese-Peruvian fusion cuisine in a stylish setting with immaculate white decor.
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||Old Park Lane, London W1K 1LB, United Kingdom|
|Phone||440 (207) 447-1000|
|Also Known As||