- Calm, peaceful quarter in London yet centrally located
- Original Victorian architecture and decor lends an authentic feel
- Traditional, individually decorated rooms with boutique charm
- Relaxed on-site dining at Olives Restaurant and Bar
- Very close to West London's finest shopping and dining districts
- Convenient location across the street from Gloucester Road tube station
- Extra amenities at sister hotel next door, including fitness center
- No free Wi-Fi in lobby
- Limited on-site facilities
- Parking garage next door at sister hotel
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Modest luxury and Victorian elegance with boutique quirks
Originally built in the late 19th century by former Member of Parliament Sir James Bailey, this hotel has retained its owner's namesake, some original Victorian furnishings, period fireplaces, and the original elevators. The original central staircase sweeps up all five stories in grand Victorian style and beautiful stained glass windows provide a wonderful sense of history. All of this atmosphere sets the stage for a relaxing stay within easy access to other areas of London. Rooms are a deliberate mix of old and new, combining traditional oak furnishings with modern amenities like flat-screen TVs and iPod docks. Olives Restaurant and an intimate club lounge -- for guests of club or suite level rooms -- provide space to relax without leaving the property.
Across the street from Gloucester Road tube station, in a quiet quarter of the Kensington district
The Millennium Bailey's is located in a quiet, wealthy quarter of the Kensington district. The immediate surroundings of the hotel are safe and welcoming for exploring on foot, by tube, or even by rented bicycles. The neighborhood is a mixed population of native English, immigrants, tourists, and wealthy businessmen who all breeze through the area on a regular basis. While Gloucester Road itself doesn't have much happening, it is bordered on all sides by West London's most popular shopping and dining districts as well as some local charming museums.
- 10-minute walk to the Natural History Museum
- 15-minute walk to the Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum
- 2 tube stops on the Piccadilly line (7 minutes) from Knightsbridge shopping district
- 2 tube stops on the District or Circle line (7 minutes) from Sloane Square shopping district and Saatchi Gallery
- 2 tube stops on the District or Circle Lines (7 minutes) from Notting Hill
- 3 tube stops on the Piccadilly line (10 minutes) from Hyde Park and Kensington gardens
- 5 tube stops on the District or Circle line (14 minutes) from Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 5 tube stops on the Piccadilly line (14 minutes) from Piccadilly circus and the theatre district
- 6 tube stops on the Piccadilly line (16 minutes) from Chinatown
- 6 tube stops on the District or Circle lines (16 minutes) from Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern, and the Southbank
- 7 tube stops on the Piccadilly line (19 minutes) from Covent Garden
Rooms of all shapes and sizes styled with traditional charm
All of the rooms at the Millennium Bailey's are different shapes and sizes, as well as individually decorated. There are many original Victorian antiques in the 211 rooms, juxtaposed with modern touches like flat-screen TVs and iPod docks. The overall feel in some rooms, though, is a tad bland. A building with this much history is bound to have certain quirks, such as the fact that bathrooms only have one sink, and hot and cold taps are separate.
- Standard Rooms with a full-sized bed or twin bed option
- Club Room offers ample floor space, king bed, small lounge corner, and iPod dock.
- Guests of the Club Room are allowed exclusive access to the Club lounge for free minibar items and free Wi-Fi.
- Luxury Suites are grand, comfortable rooms with separate seating and dining areas.
- 32-inch flat-screen TVs with satellite channels
- Free coffee and tea
Rooms and Rates
Club lounge and board room
The historic Millennium Bailey's Hotel is light on features, but guests are welcome to use the facilities of the sister property next door. On-site there is an intimate lounge available for club and luxury suite guests and a small board room. Next door at the Millennium Gloucester there is a small fitness center and business center.
- An intimate lounge for Club and Luxury Suite guests with flat-screen TV and free breakfast, snacks, drinks, and canapes
- Small board meeting room
- Small fitness center at the sister hotel next door
- Business center at the sister hotel next door, with full business services including document binding, scanning, laminating, fax, and photocopy
Rustic Italian restaurant
The Millennium Bailey's has one restaurant, Olives Restaurant and Bar, serving rustic Italian food. In addition, club and luxury suite guests can take advantage of the Club Lounge, a space with free minibar, breakfast, and snacks.
- Olives Restaurant open daily for lunch and dinner
- Humphrey's Bar is located next door at the Millennium Gloucester and is open for breakfast and afternoon tea
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||140 Gloucester Road, London SW7 4QH, United Kingdom|
|Phone||440 (207) 373-6000|
|Also Known As||