- Renovated rooms feature pretty, Asian-inspired decor
- Fun location in Little Tokyo near many restaurants and stores
- Lovely spa with hot tubs, sauna, and attractive rooftop patio
- On-site sushi restaurant also offers a breakfast buffet
- Attractive lobby has a grab-and-go cafe and small gift shop
- Rooms with flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi
- Bathrooms are spacious with large vanities
- Rooms that are yet to be renovated show wear and tear
- Street can feel desolate at night
- Small fitness center has just three machines
- Some traffic noise in rooms on lower floors
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Cool and full of character
The mid-range Miyako Hotel has a sleek and quiet lobby with pretty chandeliers and both a sushi restaurant and grab-and-go cafe. There is an adjoining karaoke lounge that attracts both locals and visitors. Renovated spaces of the hotel are cool and stylish with subtle Asian touches.
In Downtown Los Angeles
A couple blocks from the popular Japanese American National Museum, the Miyako Hotel is located in downtown L.A. in Little Tokyo. The location is a good jumping off point for guests hoping to check out L.A.'s art scene, see a Lakers or Dodgers game, or attend concerts. The airport is a 20-minute drive away. People visiting the city for its beaches and celebrity-studded attractions (such as Rodeo Drive and the lively club scene) may want to consider staying in areas such as Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, or Hollywood.
Appealing renovated rooms and worn un-renovated rooms
Rooms at the Miyako Hotel fall in two separate categories: renovated and un-renovated. The renovated rooms are lovely with Asian accents including calligraphy prints and floral throw pillows. The yet-to-be-renovated rooms have scuffed furniture and bland decor. All rooms have flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, work desks, coffeemakers, mini fridges, and laptop-size safes. Bathrooms in all rooms are quite spacious, with large vanities.
Rooms and Rates
A serene spa, grab-and-go cafe, and restaurant
The highlight of the Miyako Hotel is its lovely spa. The sleek space has calming earth tones and flickering candles along with hot tubs, a sauna, and a rooftop patio for lounging. The hotel also has a fitness center (with just two cardio machines and one weight-training machine) along with a business center and meeting room. There is also a convenient grab-and-go cafe off the lobby and an on-site Japanese restaurant with a breakfast buffet that includes both American and Asian dishes. The adjacent lounge doubles as a karaoke bar.
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||328 East First Street, Los Angeles, California 90012-3902, United States|