- Multiple room and cottage options
- Very clean, nicely decorated accommodations
- Free gourmet breakfasts daily (will accommodate dietary restrictions)
- 5-minute walk to downtown
- Free Wi-Fi and free parking
- Maine Stay Inn Spa (open seasonally)
- Free passes to Mother’s beach, Middle Beach, and Gooch’s Beach
- Minimum stay sometimes required
- (For some) Kids under 12 not allowed in dining room during breakfast (breakfast is delivered)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Historic home with smart, modern additions.
Originally a sea captain’s home built around 1860, the building was transformed into The Maine Stay Inn in the early 1900s. It has since undergone a number of renovations, although the architecture remains true to its 1860s origins, even with modern additions such as flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi throughout the house.
The main house is considered to be square block Italianate, and over the years, Queen Anne revival architecture has been added, such as the spiral staircase, stained glass windows and a wraparound porch. The main house has that cozy feeling common to so many historic inns in New England.
The cottages were added in the late ‘50s. Some have low ceilings and compact spaces, reminiscent of suburban homes from the era. The style and decor, however, is varied in each cottage. Some are modern and chic, with dark wood furniture, while others are fun and playful with animal prints on the walls and bright colors throughout.
Minutes from Dock Square
Maine Stay Inn is located in a quiet residential historic district just minutes from Dock Square in Kennebunkport.
Famous for being the summer home for George H.W. Bush, Kennebunkport is a quaint Maine town chock full of shops, galleries, restaurants, and beautiful coastlines. While other parts of Maine are accessible by public transportation such as buses and trains, Kennebunkport is an area where you’ll definitely need a car to get around. It’s not a bad jumping off point for visiting other towns, either. Check out Ogunquit, known for its long stretches of sandy beaches and as Maine’s biggest LGBT destination. Or head south to York to check out the famed Neddick Lighthouse.
If you crave a little more city life, head north and you’ll hit Portland, the largest city in Maine. There you can visit the historic Old Port district along the Harbor, or the Arts District along Congress Street and get your fill of food, shopping, and sightseeing. Foodies will appreciate Portland’s love for food and the abundance of great restaurants. Nature lovers will enjoy the many historic parks within the city. Or, if sports are your thing, catch a Portland Sea Dogs (one of the Red Sox farm teams) game during the season.
- 100-minute drive to Boston Logan International Airport
- 5-minute walk to downtown Kennebunkport's shops, dining, etc.
- 5-minute drive to Mother’s Beach, Middle Beach, and Gooch’s Beach
- 20-minute drive to Ogunquit
- 25-minute drive to Old Orchard Beach
- 35-minute drive to Portland
- 45-minute drive to York
The 17 rooms and cottages vary greatly -- but all are charming
A historic inn, the rooms in the main house are decorated in a fitting fashion with romantic Victorian decor, with plenty of antique-style furnishings, ornate wallpaper, and rich colors such as reds and greens. There are six rooms in the main house, and each is unique. Some have fireplaces, others an outdoor patio, others a Jacuzzi tub. All the main house rooms, though, have flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi.
There are also 11 private cottages, with a variety of styles and sizes. Some are "romantic," featuring a Victorian style. Others are done in a contemporary decor. Still others have a classic, airy feel. Cottage amenities vary, and can include full kitchens, fireplaces, Jacuzzis, and multiple bedrooms (for families).
- Clean, fresh decor in a variety of styles
- Free Wi-Fi
- Welcome sweets
- Seasonal air conditioning
- Flat-screen TVs with DVD players
- The Maine Stay bath products
- Some rooms have gas fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs, some have living areas with sleeper sofas.
- Some accommodation options have private decks and patios.
- Most cottages have full kitchens, and double whirlpool Jacuzzi tubs. Some have two bedrooms.
Rooms and Rates
The free daily breakfast is amazing -- and innkeepers accommodate dietary restrictions.
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||34 Maine St, Kennebunkport, Kennebunks 04046, United States|