- On a gorgeous golf course overlooking the ocean
- Spacious rooms feature fireplaces and balconies
- Popular Hawaiian-fusion restaurant Roy's boasts beautiful sunset views
- Tranquil lap pool is surrounded by trellised plants
- Meticulously manicured grounds have a boardwalk that leads to beaches and scenic spots
- Fitness center offers classes such as yoga and Pilates
- 24-hour room service
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Room decor isn't as elegant as one may expect
- Guests must drive or take the free shuttle to the spa
- No in-room air-conditioning (although, due to the climate, this is rarely an issue)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A gorgeous golf resort with impressive property features
Set on a meticulously manicured 236 acres, the Inn at Spanish Bay is part of the upscale Pebble Beach complex and overlooks a beautiful golf course -- which, in turn, overlooks the ocean. Most guests staying at the inn are there for golf -- not only does booking a room at one of the Pebble Beach resorts significantly improve your chances of landing a tee time, but the inn provides a free shuttle to the other world-renowned courses in the area.
Nonetheless, this luxury hotel has plenty to offer those who may prefer to skip the links, at least for a day or two: Every amenity at the inn is top-notch, from the outdoor lap pool, surrounded by trellised plants, to the fitness center which offers classes such as yoga and Pilates. The hotel also features walking paths, tennis courts, a row of cute (if overpriced) shops, five restaurants, and access to the spa (which is located closer to the Lodge resort).
With 269 rooms, the inn is the largest of the Pebble Beach resorts but it still manages to exude the same elegant, intimate vibe as the others. The rooms have nice touches, such as fireplaces and balconies, and technology includes iPod docks, flat-screen TVs, and free Wi-Fi. However, the decor -- sparse walls, bland beige and burgundy accents, and simple furniture -- is not as upscale as many may expect at such an otherwise luxurious (and expensive) property.
Part of the upscale Pebble Beach complex
On the Pebble Beach property -- which includes five golf courses and three hotels -- the Inn at Spanish Bay is surrounded by the beautiful Links at Spanish Bay golf course, which in turn overlooks the ocean from breathtaking cliffs. Pebble Beach's other renowned golf courses are just a short drive away and the inn provides a free shuttle. With over 200 acres, the hotel boasts attractive, meticulously manicured grounds and is situated along a scenic (and famous) 17-mile drive.
Long known as a golfer's haven, Pebble Beach is a beautiful area along California's coast, and is also known for the upscale crowd it attracts. Celebrities such as Clint Eastwood and George Lopez have been residents of the cliff-side retreat, located in Monterey County, and most visitors golf, eat well, take in the natural beauty, and shop at the area's upscale boutiques. There is also an annual auto show of classic cars.
- Surrounded by the Links at Spanish Bay golf course
- 15-minute drive to the Monterey Peninsula Airport
- 2-hour drive to the San Francisco International Airport
- 4-minute drive to the Carmel Gate entrance to the 17-Mile Drive
- 5-minute drive to the Spyglass Hill golf course
- 6-minute drive to the Poppy Hills golf course
- 6-minute drive to Carmel
- 13-minute drive to the Del Monte golf course
- 14-minute drive to Pacific Grove's beaches and shops
- 2-hour and 15-minute drive to San Francisco
Rooms and Rates
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||2700 17-Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, Monterey Peninsula 93953, United States|
|Phone||1 (800) 654-9300|