- Clean, modern rooms with flat-screen TVs
- Free Wi-Fi and free hot breakfast
- Free beverages and evening cookies in lobby
- Lobby store for sundries and snacks
- Within walking distance of multiple subway lines
- Near Madison Square Park and the Flatiron Building
- Within walking distance of the Empire State Building and Penn Station
- Limited tourist sights within walking distance (but subway lines nearby)
- Some complaints of poor water pressure in showers
- The two elevators can be slow during busy times
- Some complaints of thin walls
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A mid-range chain hotel that's modern and even stylish
The common spaces at this Hampton Inn are more modern and attractive than some may expect. The décor feels vaguely Asian-inspired: There's an open wooden partition separating the entryway and a lounge area, some of the clean-lined furniture has sophisticated and slightly metallic prints, and plants in silver pots decorate wooden shelves.
In eastern Chelsea, near Madison Square Park and multiple subway lines
The Hampton Inn is located in eastern Chelsea, right near the border with the Flatiron District (named for the famous Flatiron Building). It's a short walk to Madison Square Park and Eataly, a gourmet Italian food market with restaurants and food stalls, and around a 15-minute walk to the Empire State building and Penn Station. The F, M, N, R, 1, and C, E subway lines are nearby, providing access to the city's popular tourist sights.
Clean and modern (but basic) rooms
The rooms at this Hampton Inn are about what you'd expect from a Hampton Inn: clean and modern, but generic in style. They have coffeemakers, but unlike the rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea, no microwaves or mini-fridges. Rooms with a kind or two queen beds are available, and those on higher floors have nicer city views.
Rooms and Rates
Computer kiosk in the lobby and a modern (but windowless) fitness center
The Hampton Inn offers plenty of pleasant freebies, including a free hot beverage station in the lobby, a free hot continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and free evening cookies. There are two computers in the lobby for guest use, as well as a 24-hour Suite Shop stocked with sundries and snacks. The small windowless fitness center has high-quality modern cardio machines, medicine balls, and an exercise ball.
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||108 West 24th Street, New York City, New York 10011, United States|