- Fantastic Midtown location across from Rockefeller Center and steps from Fifth Avenue
- Prices often lower than at other hotels in the area
- Access to the members-only Terrace Club restaurant, with great views of St. Patrick's Cathedral
- Flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and coffeemakers
- Chilled bottled water stations and free coffee
- Small but modern fitness center
- Free Wi-Fi
- Rooms tend to be a bit dark
- Self-parking 3.5 blocks away
- Some bathrooms have dirty grout
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A basic but clean hotel with phenomenal views from the seventh-floor Terrace Club
This 26-floor hotel opened a few years prior to its sister property down the street. The unassuming entrance is easy to miss; the property does not announce itself as a hotel the way other nearby properties do. But then, Manhattan Centre is mostly self-service, with stations in the lobby for automatic check-in.
Guests can get traditional service at the members-only Terrace Club on the seventh floor, which serves three meals a day. The city views from the terrace and the indoor tables by the windows are exceptional. There is also an extended lobby area on the second floor where guests can use the computer and printer for for free, as well as a fitness center, but that's about the extent of the common spaces. Most guests will spend the majority of their time outside of the hotel, exploring the many nearby tourist sights.
Within walking distance of Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and Central Park
The hotel has an ideal location near popular tourist sights -- most notably NBC Studios and Rockefeller Center, just across the street. The location on 51st Street feels more peaceful than bustling Fifth Avenue, a short walk away. Other nearby attractions include Saks Fifth Avenue, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and Radio City Music Hall. Central Park and the MoMA are also within easy walking distance. There is easy access most train lines in Manhattan.
- Across the street from Rockefeller Center and NBC Studios
- A block from Fifth Avenue for shopping
- A block from the N, Q, R lines
- 5-minute walk to the 1,2 subway lines; 10-minute walk to the B, D, F, M subway lines; 10-minute walk to the 4, 6, N, Q, lines
- 5-minute walk to the Museum of Modern Art
- 9-minute walk to Times Square and the Theater District
- 10-minute walk to Central Park
- 15-minute walk to Columbus Circle
- 12 minutes by subway to the American Museum of Natural History
- 12 minutes by subway to Penn Station
- 16 minutes by bus to the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- 27 minutes by subway to South Street Seaport, a waterfront shop and restaurant hub in the Financial District
- 31 minutes by subway to Battery Park, where the ferry terminal to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island is located
Rooms contain modern amenities, but many are a bit dark
Rooms are basic and contemporary, with dark wood furniture, checkered duvets, and a color scheme of blues and browns. They have flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and coffeemakers but some are a bit dark.
The main difference between the room types is space, with rooms getting larger as you go up in category. Superior Rooms have kitchenettes, and some have convertible sofa chairs; suites have kitchenettes and pull-out sofas.
- Blue and brown checkered duvets
- Flat-screen TVs with multimedia connectivity
- iPod docks
- Bathrooms have walk-in showers and Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, but the grout is a little dirty in some
- Work desks and ergonomic chairs
- Central air and heat
Rooms and Rates
Bottled water stations and a small fitness center
- Chilled bottled water stations and free coffee in the Terrace Club
- A second floor lounge area with a computer station and free printer, plus another computer station in the business center
- A small fitness center featuring cardio machines with individual TVs, free weights, bottled water, and towels. Fitness center equipment delivered to rooms upon request.
- Lobby has self-service stations for check-in and check-out; staff is also present.
- Late check-out times are available on Sundays.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Discounts available for nearby attractions including NBC Studios, Top of the Rock, and MoMA.
- Self-parking garage three-and-a-half blocks away. Validation is available at the hotel.
- Same-day dry cleaning and laundry service
- Meeting space is available in the Terrace Club restaurant
- View Full List of Amenities
Access to the members-only Terrace Club
The Terrace Club, located on the 7th Floor, is a private restaurant with fabulous city views of St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Radio City Music Hall. Guests have access to the restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or can take in the views over a quick cappuccino or cocktail. The terrace is uncovered in the warmer months and enclosed in glass in the winter; the phenomenal views can be enjoyed year-round. Meeting space is also available for small groups.
There is also a Johnny Utah's bar and restaurant on-site, with Southwestern fare and cocktails. The restaurant has a mechanical bull, and is open for lunch and dinner.
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||25 West 51st St, New York, NY, 10019 United States of Americ|