- In Downtown Brooklyn, a block from 9 subway lines
- Spacious, bright rooms with flat-screen TVs and iPod docks
- Some rooms have views of both the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges
- Large heated indoor pool with natural light and a whirlpool
- Wonderful fitness center with tons of machines and pool views
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- Fee for valet and self-parking
- Fee for rollaway beds
- The Brooklyn Bar serves light bites, but no full, on-site restaurant
The Marriott is an upper-mid-range hotel catering mostly to business travelers. It features 665 large, bright rooms with comfy beds and high-tech amenities; a wonderful heated indoor pool; and a well-equipped fitness center. It is conveniently located within a block of nine subway lines in busy Downtown Brooklyn, but rates are steep for a hotel located outside Manhattan and there are several pesky extras, including Wi-Fi and parking.
Hotel & Amenities Photos
- Fitness Center
This Hotel Also Featured In
View of Central Park, New York City For some, New York City inspires images of haute couture, celebrity hot spots, and internationally renowned chefs. For others, it’s more about visiting bucket-list attractions, like the Empire State Building, Central Park, and American Museum of Natural History. New York’s broad appeal shows in the numbers: It’s the…
Summer is (unofficially) here, and tons of travelers will be heading coast to coast to visit some of the most iconic city spots in the country. From the Brooklyn Bridge to the Golden Gate Bridge, from the Santa Monica Pier to the Atlantic City Boardwalk, we’ll give you the dish on our favorite landmarks (and…
Oyster Hotel Review
New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
A solid business hotel minutes from Manhattan's Financial District
With a location right across the bridge from Wall Street and the Financial District; spacious, comfy rooms with flat-screen TVs and large work desks; and a great fitness center complete with one of the best indoor pools in New York, the Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge is a solid pick for business travelers.
Those in town to see the sights will probably find the hotel’s location a block from nine subway lines convenient, but rates are on par with comparable hotels in Manhattan. Also, some might find the property to be a little impersonal, as it has a strong corporate feel to it: There's a large, well-lit lobby with an escalator and lots of meeting space. That said, this Marriott is also well-suited to couples and families in town for leisure.
The hotel also offers an executive lounge, which only Concierge Level guests get access to. For an extra nightly fee, guests get continental breakfast, hors d’oeuvres, non-alcoholic beverages, turndown service, and access to the lounge, which features seating space, two terraces, and a business center with a few computers.
Steps from nine subway lines, and within walking distance of shopping and dining
Located in the up-and-coming Downtown Brooklyn neighborhood, this hotel sits a two-minute walk from the nine subway lines, providing quick access to virtually all of Manhattan’s famous sights and attractions. Those looking to enjoy Brooklyn’s local flavor will find shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance on nearby Hoyt and Fulton streets. Also easily accessible: an art museum, botanical garden, several parks, and the borough’s famous Brooklyn Flea Market, just a few subway stops away.
There is a TKTS booth a block from the hotel, where guests can purchase last-minute tickets for Broadway shows for a fraction of the normal price.
- 1-hour taxi or subway ride to JFK airport
- 40-minute drive to LaGuardia airport
- 2- to 5-minute walk to nine subway lines
- 10-minute walk to the Brooklyn Bridge
- 23-minute walk to the Barclays Center, or a 10-minute subway ride
- 10-minute subway ride to Wall Street
- 10-minute subway ride to Battery Park
- 11-minute subway ride to Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- 13-minute subway ride to Brooklyn Museum
- 21-minute subway ride to Chelsea Market and the High Line
- 24-minute subway ride to Empire State Building
- 25-minute subway ride to Central Park
- 26-minute subway ride to Times Square
- 28-minute subway ride to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- 10-minute drive to Williamsburg neighborhood
Spacious and bright, with business-oriented amenities
Rooms here are the standard Marriott style, with generic contemporary decor and a few signature red accents. At 400 square feet, much larger than the average Manhattan hotel room. Large windows let in lots of light, and even the rooms facing the back of the building are fairly bright, as they overlook a large courtyard. Some rooms have views of both the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. Bathrooms are clean and feature great amenities, but some could use an update.
- Flat-screen TVs with premium movie channels, CNN, ESP and HBO
- iPod docks
- Bath and Body Works toiletries
- Plush beds with white duvets
- Coffeemakers with free tea and coffee
- Empty mini-fridges
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- Work desk with a comfy chair
- Nintendos for a fee; upon request
- Accessible and connecting rooms available
Large indoor pool with natural light
One of the highlights of this hotel is its wonderful indoor pool. It is among the best in New York, and access is free for all guests. With floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall windows that let in tons of natural light, the pool is great for a morning workout or a splash with the kids after a long day of sightseeing.
- Free use of towels
Large fitness center with tons of equipment
The hotel features a large, well-equipped fitness center adjacent to the pool. It offers a wide array of machines -- including weight-training and cardio equipment -- and a sauna. All machines have individual TV screens.
There are no family-oriented amenities, but large rooms can fit a crib and a rollaway bed.
The Marriott is geared mostly toward business travelers, but it does offer a few perks for families, including the following:
- Connecting rooms (some room types only)
- Free use of cribs
- Rollaway beds for a fee
- A large pool
- Empty mini-fridges in all rooms
- Babysitting services upon request
Decent services for the business traveler --- but there's a fee for Wi-Fi
- Turndown service (free for Concierge Level guests)
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- Fee for self- and valet parking
- Newspaper delivery to room upon request
- Room service has limited hours
- Vending machines
- Flexible meeting space and a full-service business center
The hotel offers a few handicap-accessible rooms, and accessible common areas.
- 32-inch wide doorways
- Accessible fitness center and pool
- Service animals allowed
Hotel & Amenities Photos
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Beauty / Hair Salon
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.