- Large outdoor pool, hot tub, poolside bar, and kiddie pool
- Four on-site dining options: 24-hour deli; buffet; wildlife-themed restaurant
- Across the street from the Orange County Convention Center
- On-site car-rental desk
- Airline check-in desk in the lobby
- Free Wi-Fi and free shuttles to Universal and SeaWorld
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Giant, convention-focused hotel on Orlando's International Drive
The Rosen Centre is part hotel, part convention center -- an entirely common combination in Orlando, particulary around International Drive and the Orange County Convention Center (the second-largest convention center in the country). The hotel is a giant tower filled with 1,334 older guest rooms. At its base: 100,000 square feet of meeting space, five unremarkable restaurants and three bars, a large free-form outdoor pool, a small gym and spa, and an expansive lobby that's built not to dazzle, but rather accommodate the high volume of business travelers. In 2011 both the lobby and guestrooms were renovated, alleviating some of the hotel's dated atmosphere.
Many other Orlando business hotels are very similar to the run-of-the-mill Rosen Centre. Most of the big chains, however, like the Westin or the Marriott, best it in terms of overall room quality. Also, the Peabody Hotel across the street looks and feels much classier. For a family vacation, take a look at the Universal properties, such as the Royal Pacific, the Hard Rock, or Caribe Royale. Likewise, any of the Disney Resort properties, like the Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom Lodge, offer more much more exciting pools, play areas, and on-site attractions for kids.
Service is efficient, but don't expect much personal attention.
- Room service available during the day
- Free shuttles to Universal Studios (10 minutes away) and SeaWorld (five minutes)
- No shuttle service to the Disney theme parks
- Free Wi-Fi
Across the street from the Orange County Convention Center on hotel-packed, business-oriented International Drive
The Rosen Centre is located directly across the street from the Orange County Convention Center on International Drive, a 14.5-mile road parallel to Interstate 4 that's chock-full of hotels, strip malls, outlet shops, and restaurants. There are no notable tourist attractions within walking distance of the hotel, though it only takes a short drive or a free shuttle bus ride to get to the theme parks.
- Free shuttle service to Universal Studios (10 minutes away) and SeaWorld (five minutes away)
- 15-minute drive to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom parking lot, followed by a 15-minute ride on a tram and monorail to the park itself; similar commute to Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios
- 15-minute drive to Orlando International Airport
- 15-minute drive to downtown Orlando. There's not much to see downtown, though Orange Avenue has a notable dining and nightlife scene, and non-theme-park attractions like the Orlando Science Center and Harry P. Leu Gardens are also popular with tourists.
Older-looking guest rooms lack any features to put them ahead of the competition.
- Standard rooms, called Deluxe Rooms, are about average in size (325 square feet) and have either one king-size or two double-size beds
- Clean, but lower-quality bedding than at most big-chain hotels, like the Westin, Hilton, or Marriott
- Cheap-looking bathroom fixtures
- No iPod hookups on the alarm clocks
- Club Level VIP rooms (on the 23rd and 24th floors) include free continental breakfasts (daily), access to an honor bar, and fax and computer access in the VIP lounge
- One- and two-bedroom suites also available, as well as a Two Bay Hospitality Suite, which is basically just a 520-square-foot meeting space with a Murphy bed that pulls down from the wall.
- Guestrooms received soft renovations in 2011, and now all feature flat-screen TVs.
Rooms and Rates
Standard set of leisure features
Like many Orlando business hotels, the Rosen Centre also offers a host of leisure amenities, but the quality of these features is only average, or slightly below average.
Families will do all right at this business-centric hotel, but there are many better options elsewhere.
- Standard rooms sleep up to four guests on two double-size beds; extra rollaway beds (charged per night) and cribs (free) also available.
- Large free-form pool; separate kiddie pool
- Video game room
- Kids' menus are available for room service and at Cafe Gauguin; kid-friendly snacks also available at Red's Deli.
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||9840 International Dr, Orlando, Central Florida 32819, United States|
|Also Known As||