- Great Flamingos Beach location in Nuevo Vallarta
- Spacious beach with plenty of palm tree-shaded lounge seating
- Large adult-oriented pool with jetted areas, swim-up bar, and in-pool lounge chairs and bistro tables
- Spacious children-oriented pool with three slides and volleyball net
- Nice fitness center with TVs and assorted equipment
- Spa with multiple treatment rooms and a Jacuzzi
- Lively decorated theater with nightly entertainment
- Multiple dining options, from casual to gourmet
- Partial or full ocean views from every guest room and suite
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Commanding Art Deco-style building with basic grounds and fanciful interiors
The grand, white Art-Deco building keeps its era-specific design scheme consistent throughout public zones -- with surprisingly colorful decor popping up in unexpected places. The lobby, for instance, is a formal experience with its black-and-white checkered floors, stained-glass accents, and towering atrium with dazzling chandelier. The attention-grabber, though, is the regal-esque tufted-purple upholstered round bench -- which kids tend to love running circles around as they wait for their parents to finish check-in.
This sort of formality-meets-playfulness continues throughout the property. Beyond the lobby, which is encased by the two guest wings, a deco-style fountain centers the hotel's plaza -- a lively designed central gathering place ringed with multiple restaurants, bars, and the Riu's signature live-performance theater. Further along, perfectly groomed garden paths lead guests to the resort's biggest draw -- the two pools. It's a constant party around these areas, for adults and kids alike, with features like a swim-up bar with nearby in-pool bistro tables, a pool volleyball net, and three large slides. For a more serene setting, guests can head to the expansive, clean beach, featuring plenty of shaded and sun-soaked lounge chairs for a little beach-side R&R.
Located on pretty Playa de Flamingos in Nuevo Vallarta
Seemingly a world away from the bustling party destination of Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta is a sleepier resort locale with no real downtown -- just big resorts and upscale homes surrounded by a leafy enclave, pristine beach, or manicured golf courses. This is the area to head if you're on the hunt for a relaxing beach getaway with some golfing or spa treatments thrown in. To experience the culture, dining, nightlife, and shopping of Puerto Vallarta, you'll need to catch a cab for a 25-minute drive.
- 15-minute drive to Puerto Vallarta Airport
- 5-minute drive to nearby golf courses
- 25-minute drive to downtown Puerto Vallarta
Basic rooms with full or partial ocean views
Only a slight step up from the economy Riu Jalisco a few doors away, the Riu Vallarta's rooms are clean and comfortable, but nothing special. All rooms come standard (even the pricey suites) with flat-screen TVs, basic mini-fridges, and handy liquor dispensers.
Deck furniture is of the uncomfortable plastic variety, but every room features either full or partial ocean views, which is a plus.
- Flat-screen TVs
- Enclosed showers in some rooms feel a bit claustrophobic
- Mini-fridges partially stocked with basic beverages
- Liquor dispensers
Rooms and Rates
Two large pools and family-friendly entertainment
24-hour room service and diverse dining option, from casual to gourmet
- Don Rafael: a huge, bistro-style room with a buffet available for breakfast and dinner
- Flamingos: a two-story dinner-hour steakhouse by the beach, also offers late breakfast, and international buffet lunch. Reservations required for dinner
- Sir George: serves gourmet dinners only, in a pretty room with crystal chandeliers and a quiet, antique look. Reservations required.
- Nirvana: Asian menu, buffet-style
- Sports Bar: multiple TVs, also computer stations (for a fee)
- Assorted bars by the pool and off the lobby
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||Av de Los Cocoteros s/n, Lote Hotelero G, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico|
|Phone||52 (322) 226-7250|
|Also Known As||