- Simpler and more modest than its downtown, full-service counterparts
- Located a bit removed from the downtown tourist district just inside an industrial/business neighborhood
- Fee for overnight parking
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A modern and efficient facility with some nice design touches -- including a small lobby waterfall -- as well as a coffee shop and bistro/bar
This hotel feels small, which is a welcome surprise compared to some of the overwhelming mega-properties located downtown. The modern and attractive lobby serves as a fitting introduction to the rest of the property, and includes computers for guests’ use next to a welcoming sitting area. Despite its small size, the Four Points boasts many of the same amenities as its larger counterparts, including a pleasant pool, meeting facilities, fitness center, a restaurant and coffee shop.
Like most stand-alone hotels, there is plenty of parking on the grounds adjacent to the hotel, though guests have complained that you’re pretty much forced to valet park your car at a high overnight rate.
The hotel caters largely to savvy business travelers on a budget and families seeking to save some money by staying a little farther from the city’s downtown core.
On the southern fringes of the city’s downtown core but still within walking distance of its main attractions, including the Alamo and River Walk
A number of other cultural attractions and dining options are located nearby.
- 15-minute-drive to San Antonio International Airport
- 5-minute-walk to La Villita park
- 10-minute-walk to the River Walk
- 10-minute-walk to Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
- 10-minute-walk to the King William Historical District
- 15-minute-walk to the Alamo
- 15-minute-walk to Tower of the Americas
- 5-minute-drive to the Alamodome
Spacious, comfortable, and modern, with plenty of space to get work done
The Four Points’ rooms feature modern furnishings in earth tones accented by bright white drapes with a single red stripe. There is a large desk with an adjustable-arm reading lamp. The living room holds an additional flat-screen TV, coffee table, and sofa for lounging.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Coffee maker with free coffee and tea, mini-fridge, and free bottled water
- Two large flat-screen TVs with cable channels
Rooms and Rates
Suited for business and leisure travelers alike
The Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Downtown competes with its pricier siblings on a number of levels, including good-sized meeting facilities, a pleasant swimming pool, and bistro/bar. Leisure travelers will appreciate the garden pool surrounded by tropical foliage and graced by a pretty limestone wall waterfall. There are tables shaded by patio umbrellas should you wish to get out of the sun.
Decent on-site options for a quick (but not gourmet) bite or beverage
There’s an on-site bistro and bar, as well as a coffee shop, though you’re probably better off making your own coffee in your room at no cost.
- Sidebar Bistro opens for breakfast buffet and dinner, serving American cuisine
- Sidebar features a weekday Happy Hour
- Peaberries Coffee House serves coffee and espresso beverages, and a selection of pastries and snacks
- Microwave oven for guest use in Peaberries Coffee House
- In-room dining available until midnight
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||524 South St. Mary's Street San Antonio, TX 78205|