- Daily resort fee
- Far from downtown Carlsbad
- Rocky beach
- No on-site restaurant
- Some rooms get noise from the train
- No restaurants or shops on-site or within walking distance
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Relaxing, kid-friendly timeshare property with well-equipped condos
Despite being a family-friendly hotel, the Carlsbad Seapointe Resort maintains a calm, relaxing atmosphere -- much like its surrounding area. Although, it should be noted that the nearby train can be heard from some parts of the resort. The grounds are well maintained and there are scenic ocean views from the pool areas and most guest rooms -- though rooms on higher floors have a better outlook. The lobby has beach-inspired decor -- think green and blue patterned couches, wicker furniture, and a large seashell and starfish display. Being that it's a timeshare property, guests may be asked to sit through a presentation.
Outside Carlsbad, across the street from the beach
The Carlsbad Seapointe Resort is located outside Carlsbad, across the street from the beach, and within walking distance of the San Diego Coast Express Rail. However, you will need a car to get to restaurants, shops, and to the rest of the attractions in the area.
The seaside community of Carlsbad came into the spotlight when Legoland California amusement park opened, but it is still a fairly quiet place close to several great beaches, golf courses, and lagoons.
- 39-minute drive to San Diego International Airport
- 100-minute drive to Los Angeles International Airport
- 8-minute drive to The Crossings at Carlsbad Golf Club
- 8-minute drive to Carlsbad Municipal Golf Course
- 9-minute drive to downtown Carlsbad
- 10-minute drive to Legoland
- 12-minute drive to Oceanside
- 12-minute drive to indoor go kart racing
- 12-minute drive to Encinitas
- 19-minute drive to Leo Carrillo Ranch Park
- 25-minute drive to Torrey Pines State Park
- 29-minute drive to Escondido
- 33-minute drive to SeaWorld San Diego
- 35-minute drive to downtown San Diego
- 38-minute drive to San Juan Capistrano
Big one- and two-bedroom condos with full kitchens and (in most cases) ocean views
The resort has big one- and two-bedroom condos (the average size is 800 square feet) with flat-screen TVs and living rooms containing pullout couches. Furnishings and decor are modern, albeit a bit bland, but guests report that the beds are comfortable. Some of the apartments have a fireplace and/or a balcony, and all have kitchens with microwaves, dishwashers, and stoves. Most of the condos (80 percent) have ocean views. Note that housekeeping only comes weekly, though there are coin-operated laundry machines available.
- Full kitchen with pots and pans, stove, microwave, dishwasher and toaster
- Separate living room with queen-size pullout sofa
- Two or three 27-inch flat-screen TVs
- iPod dock and CD player
- Bathroom with shower/tub combo or separate tub and walk-in shower and hairdryer
- Coffeemaker with free coffee and tea
- Newspaper delivered to room
- Some One-Bedroom Condos have a balcony or patio, and all Two-Bedroom Condos do
Rooms and Rates
Two pools and lots of activities, including miniature golf, movie nights, and (for the grown-ups) wine and cheese tastings; no restaurant on-site
There are two swimming pools on the property -- one family pool with a water play area (colorful pipes with nozzles spouting streams of water), and an adult pool and whirlpool. Both have ocean views, but the adult pool's are better, and the children's pool is next to the road. The resort has easy access to the beach across the street and chairs, umbrellas, and sand toys can all be borrowed.
Though there's no restaurant or market on-site, the resort has barbecue and picnic areas, as well as fire pits where kids can roast marshmallows. For recreation, there are basketball, volleyball and tennis courts, as well as ping-pong and foosball tables. There's also a small miniature golf course and several playgrounds, including one shaped like a pirate ship.
There's a 24-hour fitness center with cardio machines, free weights, and a dry sauna. Coin-operated laundry machines and a one-computer business center for guest use are available. Meeting facilities for up to 100 guests is also convenient. The hotel will organize many activities, like nightly wine and cheese tastings, water aerobics, and painting classes.
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||6400 Surfside Lane, Carlsbad, California 92011, United States|