- Beautiful grounds and Spanish-Colonial-style architecture
- Spacious and contemporary rooms
- On-site restaurants include Mustangs & Burros for outdoor dining
- Outdoor saltwater pool and adults-only Jacuzzi
- 10-minute drive to Torrey Pines State Beach
- Day spa with eucalyptus steam room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Les Clefs D’Or concierge
- Meeting spaces and conference facilities
- Daily resort fee and mandatory valet parking is an extra charge
- The resort is a popular spot for weddings so it gets crowded
- No minibars in rooms
- Shower/tub combos in rooms
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Beautiful grounds and Spanish-Colonial-style architecture
If Estancia La Jolla has an outstanding feature, it's the grounds: Beautifully tended lawns, lemon trees, native plants, fountains and flowers surround Spanish-Colonial-style buildings. In the mid-20th century, the land was part of an estate where young thoroughbreds were trained, and the hotel strove to preserve that history with rancho-inspired decor through subtle equestrian details, such as doors that resemble barn doors. The lobby embraces the rancho theme with a barn-style vaulted wood ceiling, fireplace with a wood beam mantel, terracotta tile floors and ironwork details. Outdoor fireplaces and terraces are cozy spots to relax and enjoy the gardens.
In affluent La Jolla -- 10 minutes from the beach
La Jolla is an affluent seaside community north of San Diego, home to restaurants, shops, mansions, a famous golf course, coastal bluffs, and a beautiful beach. Estancia La Jolla is right next to the Torrey Pines Golf Course and the UC San Diego campus, and is a short drive from the downtown area and the beach. Expect a 20-minute drive to the San Diego Zoo or famous Gaslamp Quarter.
Large rooms with rancho-inspired decor and courtyard views
After the beautiful grounds and public spaces, the rooms -- though perfectly comfortable -- are a little bit of a letdown. The decor and color scheme is muted with pops of orange on the bed and throw pillows, and they're certainly upscale, but just a little sparse. Each comes standard with a mini-refrigerator (but no minibar), flat-screen TV, coffeemaker, and free Wi-Fi. Beds are luxurious, with 350-thread-count Italian linens. Though bathrooms are nicely sized they include shower and bathtub combinations. The ground-floor rooms, with large windows overlooking the public areas, are less private, so make sure to book a room on the higher floors.
Rooms and Rates
A nice but pricey day spa and a heated outdoor pool -- plus three restaurants
Guests at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa can enjoy great outdoor such as a heated saltwater swimming pool with an adults-only whirlpool. Poolside cabanas are available for rent with fun perks like fresh fruit and snacks. The fitness center and day spa get rave reviews as do the three on-site restaurants, including the casual Southwestern food at Mustangs & Burros and a wine bar. There's a daily resort fee and valet parking is required.
- El Adobe serves Southern California cuisine, including locally grown produce and seafood, and features cozy, romantic ambiance. Open for breakfast (has buffet) and lunch
- Mustang & Burros: Rancho-style restaurant with an outdoor fireplace. Serves local beers, cocktails, appetizers and a dinner menu.
- Bodega Wine Bar: Serves tapas Tuesday through Saturday for dinner
- Poolside grill
- Poolside bar
- Private dining and event catering are also available.
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||9700 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, San Diego 92037, United States|