- Not on the beach
- No fitness center
- Dated decor in hallways and public areas
- Tube TVs in some rooms
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Clean and modern rooms in a city setting
The Comfort Suites South Padre Island lacks a beachside location, but it is convenient for reaching many local attractions. The hotel can be found tucked behind a McDonald's with a tricky access way many guests miss the first time around. The exterior is painted in orange tones, and this color scheme carries over into the interior. The scene here is a relaxed one, especially at the outdoor pool during the day. This budget hotel option is a five-minute walk away from the beach.
In the middle of South Padre Island’s hotel sprawl, though not directly on the beach
The Comfort Suites is located in the middle of South Padre Island's hotel sprawl, a few blocks from the beach in a residential area. It is close to local restaurants although a car is needed to get around. A McDonald's sits right out front of the hotel.
- 62-minute-drive to Rio Grande Valley International Airport
- 7-minute-drive to Andy Bowie County Park
- 7-minute-drive to South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center
- 7-minute-drive to Sea Turtle, Inc.
- 8-minute-drive to South Padre Island Convention Center
- 8-minute-drive to Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
- 8-minute-drive to Port Isabel Lighthouse & Museum
- 45-minute-drive to Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
Room decor with warm tones, but some have dated technology
Spacious rooms at the Comfort Suites have a uniform color scheme of warm colors juxtaposed against dark wood furniture. There are no views to get excited about, although some rooms do offer small balconies. Beds are comfortable and bathrooms are big, but the high humidity in this region can make rooms feel damp. The best rooms are the spacious Business King rooms, featuring new flat-screen TVs and a separate living room. None of the rooms have a full kitchen, but they do offer microwaves and mini-fridges. Some rooms still have old tube TVs and carpets are starting to show wear and tear.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Coffeemaker with free coffee
- Mini-fridges and microwaves
- Comfortable beds
- Bright and spacious bathrooms
- Large flat-screen TVs in Business King suites (old tube TVs in other rooms)
- Small balconies with metallic patio furniture in some rooms
Rooms and Rates
Big swimming pool with Jacuzzi
The Comfort Suites isn't located directly on the beach, but it does offer a big swimming pool and Jacuzzi. There are plenty of lounge chairs surrounding the pool for guests that would rather sunbathe here than walk five minutes to the beach.
Free breakfast and McDonald’s on the doorstep
Comfort Suites offers a free breakfast every morning, and there's also a McDonald's right on the doorstep.
- Free breakfast including cereals, baked goods, waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, coffee, and juice
- Several good restaurants nearby
- McDonald’s in front of hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||912 Padre Boulevard, Texas Gulf Coast 78597, United States|