- Spacious, modern rooms with free Wi-Fi
- Big, sunny outdoor pool with relaxing tropical decor
- Free hot breakfast every morning
- Quiet location walking distance to the beach
- Rooms have flat-screen TVs, mini-fridges, and microwaves
- Convenient outdoor shower at pool for rinsing off from beach
- Work desks with ergonomic chairs
- Jacuzzi suites offer tub and walk-in shower
- Not directly on the beach
- Very cramped fitness center
- Some dated furniture
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A relaxed scene with a tropical feel
This Holiday Inn Express lacks an oceanfront location, but is only a three-minute walk from the beach along a paved walkway. The hotel has a tropical feel, and like many of its competitors, the exterior is cheerfully painted in orange and yellow tones. The lobby is spacious with its high ceilings and second-story veranda overlooking the ground floor. Most relaxing takes place at the large outdoor pool with plentiful lounge chairs. There is also a covered bar area here and palapa-thatched drink tables, and palm trees add to the tropical feel.
On the northern end of South Padre Island’s hotel sprawl, though not directly on the beach
This Holiday Inn Express is located at the northern end of South Padre Island's hotel sprawl, about a three-minute walk on a paved walkway from the beach. This hotel is close to local restaurants, although a car is necessary to get almost everywhere. Outdoor enthusiasts might appreciate the hotel's close proximity to Sea Turtle, Inc. and the South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center. Potential guests should be advised that all of the walking distances described below involve walking across or along a busy road without sidewalks.
- 65-minute-drive to Rio Grande Valley International Airport
- 6-minute-walk to South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center
- 6-minute-walk to Sea Turtle, Inc.
- 8-minute-walk to Andy Bowie County Park
- 8-minute-walk to South Padre Island Convention Center
- 10-minute-drive to Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
- 12-minute-drive to Port Isabel Lighthouse & Museum
- 49-minute-drive to Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
Clean, modern rooms with unexceptional views and no balconies
Spacious, modern rooms feature ochre shades against dark wood furniture. There are no views to get excited about, although some rooms on the highest floors have a slight view of the ocean in the distance beyond neighboring houses. There are no rooms with balconies here, but the beds are very comfortable with nice linens. The Jacuzzi Suites offer extra amenities, including the in-bathroom Jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower.
- Bathrooms are spacious and bright, with granite countertops.
- Comfortable beds with quality linens
- Large flat-screen TVs
- Coffeemakers with free coffee
- Mini-fridges and microwaves
- Free Wi-Fi
- No balconies
- Wet bars with granite countertops in some rooms
- Jacuzzi Suites feature walk-in shower in addition to Jacuzzi tub.
Rooms and Rates
Large outdoor pool and small fitness center
The highlight of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is the large outdoor pool area, complete with tropical decor and a covered bar area. But the fitness center is unimpressive.
- Large outdoor pool with Jacuzzi and plenty of lounge chairs. Offers men's and women’s restrooms and changing areas, as well as outdoor shower for rinsing off after the beach.
- Tiny, cramped fitness center with old cardio equipment
- Free business center
- Guest laundry facilities
- Sundry shop in lobby
- Free parking in lot fronting the property
- View Full List of Amenities
Free breakfast in the lobby dining area
- Free breakfast served daily.
- Coffee available around-the-clock
- Breakfast buffet includes cereals, milk, yogurt, juices, eggs, breakfast meat, biscuits, and pancakes.
- Microwave meals are available for purchase in lobby sundry shop.
- Several restaurants nearby
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||6502 Padre Blvd., Texas Gulf Coast 78597, United States|
|Phone||011 (956) 761-8844|