- Very close to neighboring hotel
- Small fitness center with outdated equipment
- Damp-feeling rooms and hallways
- Family-sized suites offer plenty of space but no kitchen
- Some dated furniture
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
The La Copa Inn Beach Hotel has numerous higher-priced neighbors, but offers some of the same amenities at a fraction of the cost. The result is a budget scene that attracts travelers who want the beachfront location without a hefty price tag. Another hotel is located right next door, although the wide beach in front of the hotel is big enough not to feel overcrowded. This hotel offers a relaxed vibe, from the pretty wooden walkway that leads to the beach over the sandy dunes to the large, semi-circular pool with plenty of lounge chairs. While public areas could use a sprucing up, the hotel does offer a small business center, fitness center, and free breakfast. Budget travelers looking for beach and pool fun -- and not the fanciest room or hotel -- might think La Copa Inn Beach Hotel is a good pick.
Among pricier neighbors on the southern end of South Padre Island's hotel sprawl
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel is located on the southern end of South Padre Island among pricier resort hotels. It is close to local restaurants, with at least two that are within easy walking distance along the beach. However, like other locations on South Padre Island, a car is required to get around. The Peninsula Island Resort & Spa is immediately to the south of the property, with only a wall and narrow alleyway separating the two.
- 60-minute-drive to Rio Grande Valley International Airport
- 5-minute-drive to Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
- 7-minute-drive to Port Isabel Lighthouse & Museum
- 9-minute-drive to Andy Bowie County Park
- 9-minute-drive to South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center
- 9-minute-drive to Sea Turtle, Inc.
- 10-minute-drive to South Padre Island Convention Center
- 44-minute-drive to Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
Simple, comfortable rooms -- some with sea views
For a budget option, the La Copa Inn Beach Hotel offers simple and comfortable rooms. Some of the decor is strange -- such as loud yellow drapes -- but guests choose this hotel more for location than decor. Rooms are stocked with amenities including mini-fridges, microwaves, and flat-screen TVs. Some rooms also have small balconies and wonderful sea views. Jacuzzi suites, while larger, tend to add to a damp feel in the rooms.
- Small balconies with plastic patio furniture
- Large bathrooms with shower/tub combos
- Wooden desks with ergonomic chairs
- Comfortable beds
- Ceiling fans help keep rooms cool
- Large flat-screen TVs (two in Jacuzzi Suites)
- Coffeemakers with free coffee
- Mini-fridges and microwaves
- Jacuzzi Suites have extra TV opposite the tub
- Family Suites have full-size refrigerators.
Rooms and Rates
A large pool and a basic fitness center
The outstanding feature of the La Copa Inn Beach Hotel is its waterfront location. From the decent swimming pool, the beach is only a short stroll away on the pretty wooden walkway over peaceful sand dunes.
A free basic breakfast and plenty of nearby restaurants
- Free, basic breakfast consisting of cereals, baked goods, and juices
- Seasonal poolside drink service
- Several good restaurants nearby
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||350 Padre Blvd., Texas Gulf Coast 78597, United States|