- Well-maintained pool area has a nice bar
- Free daily breakfast
- Unique bohemian style
- Gated property is extra-safe
- Great location in Orient Bay beach community
- Free Wi-Fi
- Front desk closes for two hours in the afternoon and at 7 p.m. each evening.
- No restaurant, spa, or fitness center
- Not located on the beach
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A low-key boutique hotel with cool details but few amenities
The Moroccan theme at Palm Court is an interesting, even quirky touch, noticeable immediately by the hotel's slightly peculiar fence depicting silhouetted mosques and domes. Follow the well-manicured path lined with Moroccan lanterns and palm trees to the breezy lobby, where an ornate rug, colorful floor cushions, and padded wrought-iron furnishings create a cozy den with a beatnik charm. From here, the front desk will provide your key (attached to a giant silk tassel) and send you on your way to one of the hotel's identical 24 Junior Suites.
Like its Orient Bay counterparts (L'Hoste, Esmeralda, and La Plantation), Palm Court's amenities are few -- no gym, restaurant, or spa. The pool is well-maintained though, and lush surrounding grounds filled with hammocks create private alcoves to hide out among nature. A small bar by the pool opens at 4 p.m. every day, playing mellow music from an iPod and serving simple cocktails and beer. Compared to the busy beach, the atmosphere here is refreshingly laid-back, creating a perfect respite from the throngs of crowds nearby. The bar also serves breakfast in the morning.
Within walking distance to Orient Bay beach and plenty of shops, cafes, and restaurants
Located just a short walk from the lovely white-sand Orient Bay, guests at Palm Court have quick access to water sport rental shops, restaurants, bars, and massage huts right at the water's edge. The happening scene, pristine sand, and cerulean crashing waves are a major island draw, and all are within five minutes on foot. Take note: In true French spirit, the beach is clothing-optional.
The Orient Bay location is also attractive for its safety and well-manicured grounds. Monitored by a security gate off of the main road, as well as its own private security gate, Palm Court is ideal for families and solo travelers. Parking is secure, and virtually everything within the Orient Bay community is within walking distance. When you do choose to head outside Orient Bay, keep in mind that the island tends to have quite a bit of traffic, so be sure to add extra minutes to your estimated travel time when promptness is important.
- 30-minute drive to Princess Juliana International Airport
- 2-minute walk to Orient Bay beach
- 2-minute walk to restaurants, shops, bars, and cafés in Orient Bay
- 5-minute drive to the Butterfly Farm
- 10-minute drive to Boulevard Grand Case
- 12-minute drive to Dawn Beach
- 15-minute drive to Loterie Farm, a nature retreat with tours and zip lining
- 15-minute drive to Marigot
- 15-minute drive to Fort Louis
- 15-minute drive to Philipsburg
As with the rest of the property, fun details and colorful Moroccan style are the highlights
All 24 of Palm Court's Superior Junior Suites are identical. Like the rest of the property (which is marked by Moroccan lanterns and deep red walls), ethnic details save the rooms from run-of-the-mill status. Moroccan oil burns upon arrival, and small surprises are found throughout -- a little dish filled with gummy bears, high-end padded wrought-iron furnishings on the private patios and balconies, and dramatic fainting couches in colorful upholstery.
Technology is modern, and kitchenettes are well-equipped. However, the layout feels rather piecemeal at times, with the galley-style kitchen located in the entry hallway and hastily covered by a thick burgundy curtain. The bathroom configuration is quite odd, with the toilet completely separated behind another door off the hallway, in what almost feels like a converted broom closet. Inside the main bathrooms, the shower is completely open -- no curtain or glass partition -- and water tends to spray everywhere. But little details continue here: decorative glasses for water, incense sticks, and potpourri in wooden bowls.
- 27-inch flat-screen TVs, and DVD players
- Balconies with pool or garden views
- Kitchenettes with mini-fridges, sinks, two-burner stovetops, microwaves, teakettles, coffeemakers, toasters, and tableware
- Central AC
- Free Wi-Fi
- French toiletries from Fragonard
Rooms and Rates
Limited features include a pool, bar, and a handful of freebies
Unlike at neighboring La Plantation and Esmeralda Resort, there is no full-service restaurant.
- A small but well-maintained pool with padded loungers and hammocks
- Lush grounds with hammocks hidden in thickets of brush and trees
- A computer station with free Internet and a lending library are located in the lobby
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Free beach towels (changed daily)
- A bar/cafe next to the pool serves beer and cocktails from 4 p.m., and breakfast from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Free gated parking
- Free beach set-up (lounge chairs and umbrellas) at Waikiki Beach, an Orient Bay beachfront bar and restaurant about five minutes away on foot
- View Full List of Amenities
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
|Address||Parc de la Baie Orientale, Parc de la Baie Orientale, Orient Bay 97150, Caribbean|