- Convenient location next to King Street Metro in historic Old Town Alexandria
- Spacious, modern rooms with coffeemakers and mini-fridges
- One-bedroom suites with sofa beds available
- Good, stylish on-site restaurant and bar, plus room service
- Free trolley rides from the hotel to local shops and restaurants
- On-site fitness center, meeting space, and business center
- Pretty outdoor red-brick courtyard with benches
- Full-service Starbucks on-site
- Lobby gift shop
- Not walking distance to D.C.'s attractions
- Daily charge for Wi-Fi
- Daily fee for self-parking and no valet parking available
- Breakfast not included in room rates
- Limited hours for room service
The 252-room Hilton Alexandria Old Town is an upscale chain property with above-average style, an impressive restaurant, and a great location in the heart of charming Old Town Alexandria. The rates are competitive for the area (and significantly less than in D.C.), but daily parking and Wi-Fi fees can add up fast. Rooms are spacious and modern with plush reading chairs, coffeemakers, and mini-fridges. Convenient on-site amenities include a fitness center, business center, and a full-service Starbucks. But the Lorien Hotel & Spa, right up the street, could offer a better value as it has lots of free perks and more in-room amenities.
Hotel & Amenities Photos
- Fitness Center
Oyster Hotel Review
Hilton Alexandria Old Town
Upscale chain hotel with a modern, minimalist style
Built in 2000, this Hilton has a modern, industrial chic style and a great location next to the metro in Old Town Alexandria. The lobby is minimalist and sleek, with a black-and-white checkerboard floor and a small sitting area below an art installation of floating silver orbs. The wall behind the front desk is decorated with an artsy, graphic street map. A wide hallway leads to a full-service Starbucks, bar, business center and restaurant -- all updated in 2014 and 2015. Decorated in shades of gray, white, and brown, the hotel restaurant pairs good food with a modern industrial vibe. A Roman numeral clock face dominates one wall, and light fixtures are hung from draped exposed wires. The bulk of the Hilton’s clientele is business travelers, followed by couples and families. During the warmer months, the hotel occasionally hosts weddings and events in an outdoor courtyard.
In charming Old Town Alexandria, a 15-minute drive from D.C.
This Hilton is located right beside the King Street Metro station (the Blue and Yellow lines) in Old Town Alexandria. This Virginia town is technically a suburb of D.C., but it’s also a destination itself. Visitors only need to walk a few minutes down King Street to find dozens of great shops, restaurants, bars, art galleries, and charming historic buildings. The airport is conveniently only a 10-minute subway ride away.
- Seven-minute drive to Alexandria Waterfront (water taxis available to Georgetown)
- 10-minute subway ride to Reagan National Airport
- 15-minute drive to the National Mall with the Capitol Building
- 15-minute drive Arlington National Cemetery
- 22-minute walk to the Torpedo Factory Art Center and the Old Town waterfront
- 22-minute drive to George Washington's Mount Vernon
- 35-minute subway ride to Union Station
Sizable and simple rooms with modern style
The rooms at this Hilton are simply designed and adequately sized, with space for a king-size bed or two doubles, a plush reading chair, and a workspace with an ergonomic chair. The design features a serene neutral color palette -- gray and white walls, white bedspreads, and simple wood furnishings -- but abstract paintings add a punch of color. Bathrooms are modern with sleek fixtures and marble tiles around the shower/tub combos. All rooms come with a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi (fees apply), an alarm clock radio with MP3 connection, and a coffeemaker. Select rooms also include mini-fridges, and corner and deluxe rooms offer extra space. One-bedroom suites are available with one king bed, a separate living area with a pullout sofa, and a mini-fridge.
Stylish restaurant, full-service Starbucks, business center, fitness center, and gift shop
This Hilton offers a solid range of amenities. Highlights include a modern fitness center, small business center, upscale gift shop, full-service Starbucks, and an award-winning restaurant and lounge bar, Seagar’s, serving all meals. The hotel also has outdoor patio seating and a courtyard that can accommodate 150-person wedding ceremonies. Wi-Fi is available throughout, for a fee. Self-parking is also available, and this also incurs a fee.
Hotel & Amenities Photos
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Poolside Drink Service
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.