- Convenient location in the heart of Old Town Alexandria
- Five-minute walk from the nearest subway station (King Street)
- Two popular on-site restaurants
- Rooms include flat-screen TVs, iPod radios, minibars, yoga mats, and robes
- Free daily wine hour
- 24-hour room service
- Free coffee and tea service every morning
- Full-service spa with five treatment rooms
- Modern fitness center with personal TVs
- Free loaner bicycles available in the lobby
- Free Alexandria trolley service
- Pets stay free (hotel provides free leashes, bowls, and dog beds)
- No pool
- 20-minute drive (or 30-minute subway ride) from most D.C. attractions
- No business center or guest laundry room
- Must join Kimpton’s rewards program to get free Wi-Fi (but no charge to sign up)
- Daily fee for valet-only parking (common in Old Town Alexandria)
- No microwaves or coffeemakers in rooms
- Some rooms are on the small side
- Spa doesn’t offer manicures or pedicures
Located in charming Old Town Alexandria, this upscale hotel features its own spa and two nice restaurants. Perks include a free daily wine hour, loaner bicycles, pet-friendly amenities, and free Wi-Fi (after enrolling in Kimpton’s rewards program). Stylish rooms have fresh decor in white and blues, though some are on the small side. The Lorien delivers fair rates for this caliber and more boutique style than most of the competition; if a pool is a priority, consider the Monaco Alexandria, but lose the spa.
- Fitness Center
- Pets Allowed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Most visitors to Washington, D.C., first think about monuments. After all, the city has plenty — exalted, grand, reflective, simple, and baroque. But the United States’ capital has more than just awe-inspiring, historic structures and world-class museums. For those who want to mix a little fun into their history lesson, dine at some excellent restaurants,…
If you thought summer was fun, there’s a ton of stuff on the books for fall. Noncommittal temperatures may be throwing a wrench in your ability to plan for this year’s fall foliage, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still plan a fantastic weekend getaway this autumn. While we love leaf-peeping as much as everyone…
Things You Should Know About Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa
Also Known As
- Lorien Hotel and Spa, a Kimpton Hotel
1600 King St, Alexandria, Virginia 22314-2719, United States
Oyster Hotel Review
Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa
Contemporary, spa-inspired atmosphere and two nice restaurants
This 107-room Kimpton has a red brick exterior and a mellow, spa-inspired interior (the whole hotel is decorated in shades of gray and baby blue). The Lorien is the first and only hotel in Alexandria to have its own spa. The lobby is contemporary and minimalist, with brick and tile floors and modern silver chandeliers. An adjacent sitting room is decorated with shelves of blank white books, flower arrangements, and vases of dried branches.
The hotel sits right on King Street, which runs through the heart of Old Town Alexandria -- a neighborhood filled with boutique shops, bars, and restaurants. The hotel entrance is tucked at the back of a brick courtyard, sandwiched between the Lorien’s two popular restaurants -- Brabo and Brabo Tasting Room. The renowned (and expensive) Brabo has a Belgian-inspired menu and a romantic atmosphere. The more affordable Brabo Tasting Room has a casual cafe vibe.
Most of the clientele at Lorien are couples, followed by business travelers and families.
A 20-minute drive from D.C. in charming Old Town Alexandria
The Lorien Hotel is located right on King Street in Old Town Alexandria, just a five-minute walk from the metro station (Blue and Yellow lines). This Virginia town is technically a suburb of D.C., but it’s also a destination unto itself. Visitors only need to walk down King Street to find dozens of great shops, restaurants, bars, art galleries, and charming historic buildings.
- Five-minute walk to King Street Metro Station
- Six-minute drive to Alexandria Waterfront (free city shuttle stops near the hotel)
- 10-minute subway ride to Reagan National Airport (DCA)
- 15-minute drive to the National Mall and Arlington National Cemetery
Modern blue rooms with flat-screen TVs, iPod radios, and minibars
Decorated in cool shades of sky blue and gray, the Lorien’s rooms are modern and simple. Guests can choose from two double beds or one king bed, complete with a unique square-patterned headboard and matching white bedspread. Every unit comes with a well-stocked minibar, yoga mat, umbrella, iPod stereo, flat-screen TV, and bathrobes. Select rooms and suites also include claw-foot tubs, wet bars, and balconies overlooking King Street. Some of the entry-level rooms are on the small side, but one-bedroom suites are also available.
Spa, two restaurants, modern fitness center, and free perks
Lorien brands itself as the first and only hotel in Alexandria with its own spa. The spa is quite simple with five basic treatment rooms, a steam room, and locker rooms -- but the atmosphere is pleasant and tranquil. Popular menu items include couple’s massages, cherry blossom wraps, and beard facials using beer. Hair and makeup styling are available, but the spa doesn’t offer haircuts, manicures, or pedicures. The hotel also has two good restaurants, Brabo (open for dinner) and Brabo Tasting Room (open all day). Other perks include a modern fitness center, free pet amenities (bowls, pet beds, and leashes), a free daily wine hour, 24-hour room service, free rental bikes, and free Wi-Fi.
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Beauty / Hair Salon
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.