- Upscale boutique hotel set on a picturesque canal
- Walking distance to sights, restaurants, and public transit
- Spacious and elegant individually decorated suites
- Roomy kitchenettes with dishwashers, cooktops, and minibars
- All units have patios or Juliet balconies
- High-end in-room amenities like 60-inch smart TVs with keyboards
- 24-hour lobby bar and smoker's lounge
- Modern gym with cardio equipment, free weights, and medicine balls
- 24-hour room service from nearby restaurants
- Taxi service, valet parking, and bike rentals (extra fees)
- Free welcome drink, and in-room massages available (for a fee)
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Lobby, bar, and breakfast area have an unattractive dropped ceiling
- No full-service restaurant
- Limited wellness facilities (small gym and no spa)
- Breakfast and valet parking cost extra
Luxury Suites Amsterdam is an upscale 25-suite hotel set on the Oudeschans canal in a quiet spot that's still close to restaurants, sights, and public transit. The hotel offers the freedom of an apartment without losing the perks of hotel amenities -- there's a 24-hour lobby bar and a small gym, though there's no full-service restaurant or a spa. Suites are spacious with elegant decor, fully equipped kitchenettes, seating areas, roomy bathrooms, and high-end amenities like 60-inch smart TVs with keyboards. Service here is personal and posh: guests get free welcome drinks, and plus in-room massages, taxi service, and babysitting can be arranged for a fee. The Dylan Amsterdam has a more central location and a Michelin-starred restaurant on-site, but lacks the spacious rooms of this property.
- Fitness Center
Oyster Hotel Review
Luxury Suites Amsterdam
Luxury boutique hotel with apartment-like suites and exceptional service
Luxury Suites Amsterdam is housed in a charming, five-story redbrick building set on the extra-wide Oudeschans canal. The modern hotel is still fresh from its 2015 opening, with a lobby that has high-gloss floors, a massive chandelier, and a sleek grand piano. It's flanked by a carpeted bar and a breakfast area, with velvet-tufted floor-to-ceiling wall panels that match dining chairs. Unfortunately, the clinical-looking dropped ceiling ruins what would otherwise be a posh space. Still, this boutique hotel offers character, personalized service, and spacious suites, attracting tourists and leisure travelers ranging form couples on romantic trips to families looking for accommodations with an at-home feel.
Quiet but convenient location, walking distance to cafes, shops, and major attractions
The hotel is situated on the 16th-century Oudeschans canal in Amsterdam's central canal ring on a quiet, tree-lined brick street has similar old canal houses. While the immediate neighborhood is mostly residential, there are restaurants, cafes, shops, and top sights within walking distance of the hotel. The location is ideal for tourists who want access to the heart of the city, but prefer to be beyond the hustle-and-bustle of the more touristy areas.
- Four-minute walk to the Rembrandt House Museum
- Five-minute walk to Mr. Visserplein tram stop
- Seven-minute walk to Waterlooplein metro stop
- 13-minute walk to Dam Square
- 13-minute walk to the Flower Market
- 14-minute walk to the Royal Palace
- 23-minute walk to Anne Frank House
- Eight minutes to Amsterdam Centraal Station via public transit
- 25 minutes to Museumplein via public transit
- 35 minutes to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol via public transit
Luxurious and spacious individually decorated suites with kitchenettes
This all-suite hotel has spacious and luxurious rooms, all individually decorated with high-end furniture and soft color palettes. The design is elegant: moulded walls, leathery button-tufted headboards, round-backed dining chairs, and large-scale wall art are common features. All open to patios or Juliet balconies, and feature fully equipped kitchenettes with sinks, two-burner cooktops, small dishwashers, microwaves, dishes, and cookware. There's also minibars, Nespresso coffeemakers, and kettles with free tea and coffee pods. Standard amenities include AC, Serta beds, sofas, dining areas, and amenities like 60-inch smart TVs with keyboards for surfing the internet and free Wi-Fi. Bathrooms are roomy and stylish, with square sinks, stone-tiled or marble walk-in showers, plus free individual toiletries, bathrobes, and slippers. Upgraded rooms add separate tubs.
Unique layouts give guests the option of canal views, attic-style rooms, or ground-floor spaces with private patios. The smallest suite is a generous 538 square feet, with the largest Penthouse almost double that size. About half the rooms have views of the canal; the others have views over the backyard.
Lobby bar, breakfast buffet, small gym, and personalized service -- but no restaurant
The open-concept lobby is flanked by a breakfast dining area and a small 24-hour bar, and there's also a cozy smoker's lounge separated from the rest of the lobby by a glass wall and door. Buffet and a la carte breakfast is offered, usually for an extra fee, and 24-hour room service is available from nearby restaurants, but there's no full-service restaurant on-site. Guests are also given a free welcome drink.
The hotel also has a tiny but modern gym with a mirrored wall, a few pieces of cardio equipment, free weights, and medicine balls. There is no spa, though limited wellness facilities are fairly typical for smaller boutique properties in the area, even those that are high-end. In-room massages are offered for a fee.
Valet parking, taxi service, or airport pickups is handled by staff, and bikes can be rented on-site. For those traveling with children, cribs are available and babysitting can be arranged. Guests go out of their way to mention that the staff and concierge are personable, knowledgable, and attentive. Wi-Fi is free throughout.
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Poolside Drink Service
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.