- Within walking distance to main lifts and nightlife
- Resort fee covers Wi-Fi, breakfast, and shuttles
- Free bike loans in summer
- Rooms have flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and Keurig coffeemakers
- 2 whirlpools and a heated seasonal pool
- Limelight Lounge, with great happy hour specials and hand-tossed pizzas
- 2 rooftop terraces for views and cocktails
- First tracks early access to mountains
- Small but well-equipped fitness center
- Pet-friendly (for a fee) and eco-friendly
- Rooms with balconies, views, or fireplaces cost extra
The Limelight is a modern, 126-room resort in the heart of Aspen. The hotel offers tons of inclusive perks, including transportation to and from the Aspen airport and all area lifts, Wi-Fi, continental breakfast, gym, and early mountain access with professional guides. In the summer, guests can enjoy the heated outdoor pool and free bike loans. Rooms are contemporary and high-end, if a tad bland for the price, and have flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and Keurig coffeemakers. The Limelight Hotel's prime location, cozy lounge restaurant, and tons of seasonal extras make it a great four-pearl pick, but it's worth comparing rates with the nearby Sky Hotel.
- Fitness Center
- Pets Allowed
Oyster Hotel Review
What was once a Wild West-style bar is now an upscale boutique hotel.
Originally opened as a bar in 1950, the Limelight went through a number of transformations before becoming the four-pearl ski resort that is today. It was Aspen's first pet-friendly hotel, as well as the first in town to include now-standard modern amenities such as in-room TVs and phones. The Limelight Hotel was completely rebuilt in 2005, so no traces of the original structure remain.
The owners have an eco-conscious approach to running the property: The breakfast features homemade granola and organic coffee, and the Limelight Lounge composts waste as part of the on-going environmental initiatives. Pets are welcome as well for a nightly fee, and receive doggie bowls and placemats.
The Limelight's proximity to the slopes and first tracks early access benefits make it a convenient option in the winter, and in the summer, guests can enjoy features such as the outdoor heated pool and loaner bikes.
Though guests do have to pay an extra resort fee (typical in Aspen), it covers numerous extras, including shuttle service, breakfast, Wi-Fi, and iPad loans.
Central downtown location across from Wager Park, close to the lifts
The hotel is centrally located in the heart of downtown Aspen, only two blocks from Main Street, where there are plenty of restaurants and bars. The closest lift is a short walk away. The hotel is also across the street from Wagner Park and the Aspen walking mall.
- 8-minute drive to the Aspen Airport
- 4-hour drive to the Denver Airport
- 2-minute walk to the Aspen Brewing Company
- 2-minute walk to the Wheeler Opera House
- 4-minute drive to Aspen Club & Spa
- 6-minute walk to the closest lift
- 9-minute walk to the closest ski lift in downtown Aspen
- 25-minute drive to Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area
- 22-minute drive to Snowmass
Understated, contemporary rooms, some with fireplaces and balconies
Rooms start at 315 square feet, and feature subdued contemporary decor with dark wood furniture. Modern amenities are standard in all room types, but balconies, views, or fireplaces will cost extra. Suites start at 580 square feet and include full kitchens, living areas stocked with games, and mountain views. Bathrooms are also clean and open with granite and marble finishes.
- 32-inch (or larger) flat-screen TVs with premium cable and movies on demand
- Keurig coffeemakers
- Wi-Fi, included in resort fee
- iPod docks
- DVD players are available
- In-room safe large enough for a laptop
- Mini-fridges and microwaves
- Plush robes
- Cribs and rollaway beds are available for free
- Hotel-brand bath products
All-Inclusive / Food
Breakfast is included in the resort fee, and the restaurant lounge offers casual Italian food and live music
Continental breakfast is included in the resort fee, and features organic coffee, homemade granola, and locally sourced eats fruits and yogurts.
The hotel's bar and restaurant, Limelight Lounge, serves casual Italian cuisine (including hand-tossed pizzas) for lunch and dinner. The restaurant also provides room service during hours of operation, and hosts live music on weekends as well as twice-monthly Beer Dinners.
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.