- Best location in Aspen for accessing the slopes and downtown
- The outdoor pool deck has the best apres-ski scene in Aspen
- A small fitness center, plus access to the Aspen Club’s facilities
- Popular on-site bar and lounge serving local fare
- Free nightly wine hour
- Modern decor is a refreshing escape from standard lodge style
- Pet-friendly with no fee or size restrictions
- Bathrooms are in need of updating, especially for the price
- Rooms are on the smaller side, even for Aspen
- Valet parking only, for a fee (discount for hybrids)
- Must be loyalty program member to access free Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A mountain-lodge base with quirky Kimpton decor
The decor and styling is typical of a Kimpton hotel -- funky, stand-out furniture, over-the-top chandeliers, and tons of animal print details in the guest rooms (even down to the bathrobes). The Sky still has hints of Colorado mountain-lodge detailing, with huge exposed logs above the front desk, stone walls in the lobby, and welcoming fireplaces in the lounge, but ovreall the feel is modern and quirky.
Although The Sky did a good job updating this older Aspen hotel, but there are still some small details that need to be updated, such as the teal/green tiling in the bathroom. Kimpton decor seems to be hit or miss with guests, though -- some taking very well to the bright colors, bold animal prints, and nontraditional furniture, while others would prefer more cozy lodge style decor -- which is easy to find at most of the other hotel's in Aspen.
The Sky seems to attract a younger crowd, or at least a young-at-heart crowd, and even in off season the lounge and outdoor pool deck is still somewhat busy. During ski season, however, the pool area is jam-packed with people enjoying the heated pool, Jacuzzi, and numerous fire pits (where gas fire comes out of beautiful glass pebbles). And drink service from the lounge goes well into the night.
Just steps to the ski lift, in downtown Aspen
The Sky is right in the middle of downtown Aspen, just steps from the main downtown ski lift, offering a great ski-in/ski-out stay. Restaurants, bars, and entertainment are just a quick walk, and City Market Grocery is across the street, making resupply and grocery shopping as easy as it gets.
Walk to almost anywhere in Aspen from the hotel -- the Aspen Brewing Company, The Belly Up live music venue, and numerous restaurants and bars. And what may be beyond walking is a just short drive.The most frequently photographed scene in Colorado, the Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area is just a 25-minute drive from the Sky Hotel.
- 11-minute drive to Aspen Airport
- 4-hour drive to Denver International Airport
- 3-minute walk to City Market Grocery
- 3-minute walk to the closest ski lift in downtown Aspen, The Silver Queen Gondola
- 8-minute walk to the closest microbrewery, Aspen Brewing Company
- 18-minute drive to Snowmass Village
- 25-minute drive to Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area
Fresh and funky decor, but the bathrooms need work
Kimpton hotels always offer rooms with stylish decor, and the Sky Hotel is no different. From the standard leopard and zebra print bathrobes to the bright yellow walls, the guest rooms at the Sky are fun and refreshing.
Compared to the modern the rooms, though, the bathrooms feel dated -- with older white-and-teal porcelain tile covering the counters (or splatter-print laminate in some rooms). The standard shower/tub combos aren't anything to write home about, either.
- Flat-screen TVs, iPod docks and humidifiers
- Fully stocked minibar and comprehensive snack and goodie bar (including bottled oxygen and Spy brand sunglasses)
- Keurig coffeemakers with free coffee
- 24-hour room service, in the winter season only
- Must be a member of the loyalty program (free to join) to access free Wi-Fi
- Some rooms have fireplaces
Rooms and Rates
Access to the Aspen Club & Spa for massage and fitness needs, and the best apres-ski scene in Aspen
With a modern and party-friendly pool deck, the Sky Hotel is the place to be for apres-ski food and drinks. Even locals come here to kick back and enjoy a cocktail. The heated pool and circular, inset Jacuzzi with water feature are the center of the patio area with lots of comfy seating and multiple fire pits for guests to keep warm on colder nights.
Room rate includes access to the Aspen Club & Spa, an off-site fitness and spa facility with tennis courts, an indoor lap pool, racquetball court, boxing studio along with a full service spa.
- Free ski and gear storage, with ski valet services and a rental shop
- Popular nightly apres-ski scene on the pool deck, with food and drink service and fire pit
- Happy hour, with free wine and a light appetizer
- A small 24-hour on-site fitness center with cardio and strength training machines
- Pet-friendly, no fee or size restrictions, with nice pet amenities
- Free airport shuttle
- Valet parking only, for a fee (discount for hybrid vehicles)
- View Full List of Amenities
One full-service restaurant with a warm and modern lounge feel
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||709 East Durant Avenue, Aspen, Colorado 81611, United States|