- Assorted activities, such as tennis, mini-golf, and scavenger hunts
- Spacious, homey rooms with nice views of surrounding areas
- Spacious indoor and outdoor pools
- Three popular golf courses nearby
- Luxurious spa with unique treatments
- Huge, well-equipped fitness center
- Great assortment of on-site shopping
- A bit far from downtown Austin's attractions
- During peak times, tee-time priority is given to golf club members
- On-site dining incurs an automatic 20 percent service charge when charged to your room
- Daily fee for Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Surrounded by sprawling golf courses
There's no escaping the fact that you're at a golf resort from the moment you turn off the main road onto the driveway leading to the front entrance. Four golf courses dominate the surroundings, along with the gargantuan villas of Austin's elite on the neighboring hillsides. Golf carts pull into the resort's driveway as often as luxury cars, giving it the feel of a true golfers' haven.
Despite its size, the resort never feels overly crowded. The sprawling surrounding landscape, perhaps, keeps guests from feeling even remotely claustrophobic -- and throughout the property you'll find the occasional lounge seating, and even a fire pit surrounded by rocking chairs, to fully take in the view.
Inside, the resort stays true to its Austin locale. Everything feels large and stately (it is Texas, after all), but thoughtful designer touches maintain a warm-and-welcoming Austin style throughout (such as cowhide-upholstered ottomans, candelabra chandeliers, and an antique grandfather clock). More modern-style spaces exist though, too, like the huge up-to-date fitness center with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the indoor pool and the grounds, and the massive outdoor pool with sweeping views of the golf course below.
In the sprawls of Texas Hill Country, less than a half-hour drive to downtown Austin
It's easy to feel like you're really far from downtown Austin given your hilly surroundings dominated by golf courses and luxurious homes, but you'll find it's less than 30 minutes away to most everything in downtown Austin. Not to be confused with Barton Springs, Austin's famous swimming hole much closer to downtown, Barton Creek is a luxurious residential area to the west of the city's downtown core.
- 32-minute drive to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- 24-minute drive to Frank Erwin Center
- 24-minute drive to Mike A. Myers Stadium
- 25-minute drive to LBJ Presidential Library
- 25-minute drive to Texas State Capitol
- 25-minute drive to Congress Avenue Bridge, home to the largest urban bat colony in North America
- 24-minute drive to Austin City Limits at The Moody Theater
- 24-minute drive to 2nd Street entertainment district
- 24-minute drive to Blanton Museum of Art
- 24-minute drive to Sixth Street entertainment district
Spacious and nicely decorated with sweeping views of the surrounding hillside
Rooms provide a comfortable, at-home feel. They're decorated in a cozy, traditional southern style, with wood-floor entries and pretty patterned carpeting, handsome wood headboards with leather upholstery and nailhead trim, Western-themed (but not tacky) artwork, nicely coordinated linens and drapery, and lovely bathrooms with granite counter tops and turned-leg vanities. There's a daily fee for in-room Wi-Fi, though.
- Spacious bathrooms have a vanity sink in addition to sink in main bathroom
- Beautifully tiled shower/tub combos
- Flat-screen TVs with video game consoles
- CD player alarm clocks
- Bottled water for a fee
- Fee for Wi-Fi
Rooms and Rates
Golf courses galore, a gorgeous outdoor pool overlooking the hills, and full-service spa
- Large outdoor pool overlooking golf course; kiddy pool and whirlpool
- Luxurious spa
- Four golf courses (Fazio Foothills, Fazio Canyons, Crenshaw Cliffside, and Palmer Lakeside), and a driving range
- Tennis courts
- Large, well-equipped fitness center with indoor pool
- Lobby boutiques and coffee shop
- Abundant free guest parking in adjacent lot or garage just down the hill
- View Full List of Amenities
Good food on the dining level just above the lobby, in the lobby bar, or in rooms
Be warned: Some guests complain of a 20 percent service charge automatically applied to dining tabs when charged to your room, as they feel it deters from the service when servers know they’re already getting a tip.
- Hill Country Dining Room serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- 8212 Wine Bar & Grill serves lunch and dinner in a casual, modern atmosphere.
- Barton’s Lounge, on the lobby level, serves light fare and cocktails with a Happy Hour from four to seven p.m.
- Rock House is open seasonally on weekends and serves beer and snacks in a ranch-house atmosphere.
- Pool cabana serves drinks and light fare, and is open seasonally.
- Room service until late
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, Texas 78735, United States|