- Great snorkeling beach directly across street
- Large outdoor pool with separate adult and children’s sections
- Huge full-service condos include kitchen and washer/dryer
- Private balconies and/or terraces in each unit
- Modern room features include flat-screen TVs and iPod docks
- Breakfast and lunch at The Hut, and weekly cocktail parties
- Free parking and Wi-Fi
- 24-hour security on premise
- Must cross a busy road to get to the beach
- Some suites on lower levels lack ocean views
- On-site restaurant only serves dinner on Mondays
- Air conditioners are motion-censored and can be tricky
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Relaxed and spacious setting -- ideal for families and large groups
The modern property appears small in size upon arrival to the narrow road across from Paynes Bay, but it is deceiving to the eye. The length of the complex, viewed in full after entering the security gate, is surprising, and reveals how large the individual 36 units really are. Guests will likely be welcomed by one of the employees working in the reception building to the left of the parking lot. The managing family, including Robyn and his daughter Carrie, are often on-premise providing family-style service and insider knowledge of Barbados.
Although all units contain their own patios and kitchens, many guests take advantage of the beautiful pool, cafe, and garden walkways winding the property. The Beach View rarely feels crowded, with the exception of the popular Monday night barbecues serving rum punch -- a great way to meet other guests and be party of the "family," if you so choose.
On the west coast highway between Holetown and Bridgetown
Beach View overlooks the main road that winds its way through St. James on the ritzy west coast of Barbados, giving guests easy advantage of nearby sites in the area -- including walking distance to the beach, a convenience store, and some restaurants. A car is recommended, but the bus does run along this route. Take a right on Highway 1, and in within a five-minute drive find the spot where Brits discovered Barbados in the 17th century.
Holetown today is hub of gourmet restaurants and shopping, including the new Limegrove complex, which features a Ralph Lauren and Louis Vuitton. The capital city and port of Bridgetown are within 10 minutes.
- 30-minute drive to Grantley Adams International Airport
- 3-minute drive to Sandy Lane “Old Nine” Golf Course
- 4-minute drive to Sandy Lane Country Club
- 5-minute drive to Holetown
- 8-minute drive to Royal Westmoreland Golf Course
- 10-minute drive to Bridgetown
- 15-minute drive to Harrison’s Cave
- 16-minute drive to Flower Forest Botanical Gardens
- 27-minute drive to Soup Bowl
- 29-minute drive to Oistins Fish Fry
Choose from one-, two-, or three-bedroom bright and spacious suites
For those in need of space for a family or group, the Beach View can accommodate. Although units are individually decorated (all in understated coastal decor) depending on the owner, all come equipped with a large kitchen, living/dining room, and washer/dryer. Units face west for beautiful sunsets, and the top floor will have the best views of Paynes Bay.
- Fully equipped kitchens with all appliances
- Granite countertops
- Free coffee and tea
- Flat-screen TVs, cable TV, and DVD players
- iPod docks
- Private balconies or terraces
- Ocean-facing views to capture sunsets
- Modern tub/shower combos in master bathrooms
Rooms and Rates
Large pool, family-style service, and weekly cocktail parties
- Large pool area with adult and children’s sections separated by a wooden bridge
- Pool floats and kid toys available at reception for guest use
- A clean stretch of beach is located across the street for swimming and snorkeling
- Aquacise classes offered twice a week, for a fee
- Weekly rum punch parties held at the manager’s home
- Beautiful sunset views from the west-facing windows
- Family managed with friendly service to match
- A grocery starter pack is available to order prior to arrival
- Order in advance the Prosecco breakfast for two for special occasions
- Free Wi-Fi and parking
- View Full List of Amenities
The Hut serves breakfast and lunch, and holds Monday night barbeques
Though all units contain full kitchens, the The Hut cafe serves a selection of pastries, homemade granola, cereals, yogurts, and fruit. For lunch, the menu features a simple selection of salads, paninis, wraps, and daily specials. There is also beer and wine, and other beverages, throughout the day.
The outdoor tables are situated in a lovely setting -- adjacent to the pool and surrounded by lush greenery. On Monday evenings The Hut lights up for a popular barbecue with unlimited rum punch giving guests a chance to socialize with each other. For wedding parties of 40 people and under, The Hut can provide on-site catering.
There is a Sunset Bar open in the evenings, with gorgeous sunset views over the water and drinks available.
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Paynes Bay, BB24009, Caribbean|