- Mountain access via the Riverfront Express Gondola
- Luxurious rooms featuring the Westin's Heavenly Beds
- Celebrated 23,000-square-foot Spa Anjali with mountain-inspired services
- Heated outdoor lap pool and whirlpool with gorgeous views of the mountains
- State-of-the-art fitness center with cycle and yoga/Pilates studios
- Cima restaurant, serving Colorado-influenced Latin cuisine
- Nightly Unwind Hour features wine tasting, chair massages, or stargazing
- Popular Westin Kids Club and teen programs
- Pet-friendly rooms available (with Heavenly Pet Beds)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily resort fee, among other add-ons, can up the already high price
- Pricey valet parking, not included in the resort fee, is also very slow
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
An excellent pick for families or couples looking for a remote, luxurious ski resort.
With impressive facilities and sophisticated decor, the Westin Riverfront is a luxe option for families and couples looking to experience the great outdoors. Situated along the Eagle River, the 210-room hotel offers both stunning views of the mountains and riverside throughout the property. Though most Westins largely attract the suit and tie set, the same cannot be said of this resort property whose luxurious feel will greatly appeal to couples and families.
Visitors to this property in Beaver Creek have mountain access via the Riverfront Express Gondola; the hotel is not a true ski-in/ski-out property, as it is located about 6 miles from the slopes, but the gondola will handily get you there in little time. Guests can also choose to visit other slopes in the area without too much a hassle -- Edwards is about a 10-minute drive away, Vail about 20 minutes, and Breckenridge about an hour. And if guests choose to visit during the off-season, the bike and hiking trails around the hotel are excellent. The Westin's fitness center also offers plenty of opportunities for guests to stretch their muscles, featuring cycling and Pilates studios, a lap pool, and state-of-the-art equipment. Guests can also catch a round of tennis or golf in the summer months at nearby clubs. For relaxation, the renowned Spa Anjali offers mountain-inspired treatments.
The resort has a number of features families may enjoy. The Westin Kids Club plans great daily activities that aim to educate little ones on the local environment and history, and there are also age-specific programs geared toward teens. Very small children may lack for activities. Additional fees apply for nearly everything.
Rooms are sleek and stylish, featuring dark wood furniture, a neutral color palette, Westin Heavenly Beds, and flat-screen TVs. Upscale suites also come equipped with gas fireplaces and either kitchenettes or full kitchens (each full kitchen is complete with a stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher; some have washers and dryers as well). Bathrooms are similarly luxurious, featuring soaking tubs, separate showers, and Heavenly Robes.
Along Eagle River in Beaver Creek, with direct access to the mountain via the on-site gondola
The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa is ideally located along the Eagle River in the shadow of the Colorado Rockies, and offers access to Beaver Creek Mountain via the Riverfront Express Gondola on-site. Though not a true ski-in/ski-out property, as the slopes are a good 6 miles away, the gondola will get guests there in little time without them have to worry about driving. The flipside to this is that the hotel is closer to I-70, making exploring the reaching the resort and exploring the area easier. The neighborhood surrounding the hotel has cafes, delis, and grocery stores -- which come in handy for stocking in-suite kitchens -- as well as several great restaurants, shops, and sporting good stores.
Beaver Creek is less pretentious than its sister ski area, Vail, but offers similarly great shopping, dining, golfing, and skiing. There are great outdoor activities year-round -- in the summer, visitors can partake in kayaking, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, hiking, and mountain biking; and in the winter, country skiing, snowshoeing, and even dog sledding. The area receives an average snowfall of over 300 inches.
Some of Colorado's other great slopes are just a short drive away. Edwards is about a 10-minute drive away, Vail about 20 minutes, and Breckenridge about an hour.
- 30-minute drive from Eagle County Airport
- 2-hour-24-minute drive from Denver International Airport
- Riverfront Express Gondola on-site
- 2-minute walk to restaurants, shops, and grocery stores
- 10-minute drive to Edwards
- 20-minute drive to Vail Village
- 1-hour drive to Breckenridge
- 1-hour drive to the hot springs at Glenwood Springs
Rooms have sophisticated contemporary decor; suites have gas fireplaces and kitchenettes
Rooms are sleek and stylish, featuring dark wood furniture, a neutral color palette, Westin Heavenly Beds, and flat-screen TVs; most have stunning mountain or river views. Upscale suites also come equipped with gas fireplaces and either kitchenettes or full kitchens (each full kitchen is complete with a stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher; some have washers and dryers as well). Bathrooms -- like the rooms themselves -- are big, and feature soaking tubs, separate showers, Bliss toiletries, and soft bathrobes (which, along with the showerheads, are also dubbed "Heavenly").
Pet-friendly rooms and WestinWORKOUT rooms are also available. Dogs can't be left alone in guest rooms, have to be leashed at all times, and are not allowed in the restaurants, pool area, fitness center, or spa. Otherwise, they are treated remarkably well, receiving a Heavenly Dog Bed, food and water bowls, and an amenity kit upon arrival. There is a limit of two dogs per room.
WestinWORKOUT rooms feature a variety of weights, cardio equipment, and a yoga mat.
- Westin Heavenly Beds, Heavenly Showerheads, and Heavenly Bathrobes
- 42-inch flat-screen TVs with cable stations and in-room movies
- Coffeemakers with Starbucks Coffee
- Cribs available
- 24-hour room service
- Suites feature gas fireplaces, sitting areas, and kitchenettes or full kitchens; some feature washers and dryers.
- Some rooms have private patios.
- Some rooms have pull-out couches
- WestinWORKOUT rooms come with a variety of weights, cardio equipment, and a yoga mat.
- Pet-friendly rooms feature a Heavenly Dog Bed, food and water bowls, and a dog amenity kit.
Rooms and Rates
An acclaimed spa featuring mountain-inspired treatments
The 27,000-square-foot Spa Anjali offers signature treatments inspired by the mountains -- particularly the healing traditions found in the Rockies, Alps, and Himalayas. The Red Clover and Mountain Honey Body Mask is a popular treatment.
The spa has 14 unique treatment rooms, a full-service salon, a big fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, a lap pool, and cycling, Pilates, and yoga studios. Year-round outdoor programs include riverside meditation, yoga classes, nature hikes, and river rafting.
Latin cuisine from a celebrated chef at Cima
Cima, from internationally acclaimed chef Richard Sandoval, serves modern Latin cuisine to both hotel guests and locals in a stylish setting overlooking the Eagle River and Colorado Rockies. The outdoor terrace features several fire pits, a bar, and stunning views, making it a popular apres ski locale. Happy hour food and drink specials are offered daily.
Cima's menu melds Sandoval's Mexican roots with Colorado's ingredients, and includes fresh market produce, sustainable seafood, and locally raised meats. Cima also features a kid's menu and a 24-hour room service menu.
- The Market, located near the Riverfront Express Gondola, features plenty of grab-and-go options for pre- and post-ski meals.
- Lift Cafe serves breakfast Monday through Sunday, and located just before the gondola.
- Unwind, the lobby wine bar, serves a limited selection from Cima's wine list.
- The Westin is within walking distance to several restaurants, cafes, and shops in town.
In the shadow of the Rockies, this megaresort boasts year-round outdoor activities, as well as an expansive wellness and fitness center.
The Westin offers abundant opportunities to explore the great outdoors during guests' stays. Visitors have direct mountain access via the Riverfront Express Gondola, but can also choose to visit other slopes in the area without too much a hassle -- Edwards is about a ten minute drive away, Vail about fifteen minutes, and Breckenridge about an hour. Guests can enjoy skiing and snowboard, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and even dog sledding during the winter months. The area receives an average snowfall of over 300 inches.
But whether or not guests visit Beaver Creek during peak season, outdoor activities abound. During the summer months, kayaking, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, hiking, and mountain biking are popular activities. Guests can also catch a round of tennis or golf in the summer months at nearby clubs.
Transport to / from Hotel
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||126 Riverfront Lane, Avon, Beaver Creek 81620, United States|